Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Next Email Will Be From Russia

New Members of the Siberian Battalion - The AM at the MTC
Well guess what?  Yep! 12 weeks have flown by and it is now time for me to head off to the worlds biggest country! Well you are probably wanting to know the itinerary for my flight to Russia. So here it goes:

  • I leave March 15th, 2010 - SLC Airport.
  • Depart to New York (JFK Airport) at 8:35 a.m..
  • Arrive in New York at 3:14 p.m.
  • Have a 2 hour lay over... 
  • I board Delta Airlines for Moscow, Russia.
  • After a 18 hour flight I will land in Russia where I have a 12 hour lay over
  • Go to the American Embassy and pick up my new passport and visa
  •  Be back on my plane at 10:30 pm from Moscow to Novosibirsk and that'll be an 8 hour flight.
So pretty much I'm going to be doing a lot of sleeping and sitting on a plane. It will be an adventure! I can't wait!  I also got a letter from President Trejo.

I can call you basically whenever you want me too during those lay overs at SLC and in JFK probably will do both. So keep near a phone so I can get a hold of you!

This week has been super fun and super busy. Our 100% Russian has been fun and helpful. I love it! I see some of my friends from school and they freak out when I only speak Russian. We've also had some great experiences at the RC and the teaching appointments.

I've come to dislike the whole idea of teaching lessons and our district has made the goal of teaching people not lessons and let me tell you it has made a world of difference. You can feel the spirit so much more when you go into a meeting and get to know where your investigator is on their spiritual journey and then teach to their needs. It makes things better and helps keep the investigator interested in what you're saying. At the RC I got involved with a chat with a girl from Oregon who's family left the church and needed some help and wanted to talk to a missionary it was interesting. I was able to help her out a little bit I think. We're all Heavenly Fathers children, and everyone needs to know that. He does have a plan for us because he loves us. I just hope I can help the people of Russia to realise that.

Everything here, is going well. Our entire district is ready to get out of here and we're all excited too. Im excited to talk to you on Monday! I love you all and hope all is well. Dad keep off the leg ha you goof. You'll be in my prayers.


LIVESTRONG,
ELDER EBORN

My next email will be from Russia!

4 comments:

Bart said...

He's ready!!!! Can't wait for the
E-mail from Russia. Sure love that
Elder.

Love Grandma Iris

Alison Daugs said...

I am such a baby! When I read that he gets to call while at the airports, I just started crying.... what's up with that? I think I thought of what that would mean to me to have my son call me and a what a wonderful thing to look forward to.

Mindy said...

Dear Elder Eborn,
Good luck on your long flight to Russia. You are headed to the greatest adventure of your life. I know that you are going to love it!!!!
Carol Gneiting
(Sister Gneitings mom)

Justin and Chalisa said...

Good luck JT!!! We love ya! :)

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones