Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Moment of Clarity in the Snow

Another week and I am still here, it's getting pretty cold here everyone'sstarting to dawn there big winter  coats and shapki! It's definetly not Utah cold. We had the first snow of the winter this week which was pretty cool. We woke up and could see all this white stuff in the air ha Elder Drasso let out a loud, "ah crap.." being from southern California was not to thrilled about the snow and the cold.

Elder Drasso & Elder Eborn Halloween 2010

Welcome to Siberia! It snows here a lot. This week has been good. We've been working hard.  It looks like you've all been having a sick time ha literally. So the pictures did make me pretty trunky, actually
I wasn't trunky until I saw my puppy... lol silly I know but I miss my brown friend. that's not good that you've all been sick, I am sorry I guess thats one plus to not being home I dont have to catch what you all got!

This week has been good, we met some new people and got some new investigators, that hopefully will start progressing. Artiom (Jon Bon Jovi) is doing awesome, keep him in you're prayers.

Elder Eborn and Artiom

We were asked by President Trejo this week to make some sacrifices for the end of the year, not meaning anything crazy or sectanty like, but he asked us to read through some stuff by the end of the year as well as to sacrifice some of the holidays. Meaning in place of having a "lock down" on Thanksgiving and Christmas for the whole day, well be having a lunch at the senior couples, and then we will return to do doing missionary work the rest of the day. I am actually very excited to see what this will bring.

It's going to be a wonderful holiday season. I can't wait! ha plus I will be getting a Christmas box soon! Seeing as how both of my old companions are serving in the office right now I got a phone call saying my Christmas package was there ha, it's not what ya know, but who! It was so nice of them to let me know.

I will attach some pictures to this email of some of the stuff I've been up to lately so sorry if this email is shorter it just takes a while to upload pics...

Dad always talks about those "moments of clarity" and honestly this city has been tough, it's been a transfer that has made me stretch and sometimes I think that everything I am doing is just "seed planting" but Sunday I had one of those "clarity moments".

Our branch time changed, we now start sacrament time at 3 in the afternoon and I was not excited about it. but as I sat there in the back of sacrament meeting and looked around me I felt the Spirit. I looked up at the sacrament table and I saw a young man there who had been very inactive, and honestly not very happy, and now he was standing in front of the congregation with a smile on his face, blessing the water. Then I noticed another young man who was getting ready to pass the sacrament, who we'd also been working with, and both of them had just these big grins on their faces as they looked back at me.

It being Fast and Testimony meeting, member's all got up and shared their testimonies of the truthfulness of the Church and the impact it's had on their lives. From the back, a man walked in. he also was very inactive, and had kind of gone off the deep end. he had some problems with drugs, alcohol, and other things. We'd met with him earlier in the week, and I really didn't think much of what we'd talked about. He didn't really say much during the meeting with us but I could tell he felt something. Sunday, he got up and walked to the front of the sacrament hall...stood with tears in his eyes, he told us. That he knew his Father in Heaven loved him, Because when he needed him the most he sent two missionaries to come and help him find his way back.

The Gospel is changing lives of the people in Russia, I know it. It may not be visible but Zion is being built, even here where it's really cold. I know it, and  I am gratetful that I can be here and do this work. The
Church is perfect. Even if we as member's aren't. Our Father in Heaven loves His Children, and I get to help people realize it.

We'll I love you all! I hope things are going good and that you all have a wonderful week!

liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn

Mom & Dad - Hey folks! Dont worry mom :) I am doing fine, I am actually going to buy a dumbbell set today, seeing those pictures of Tanner made me realize that I need to get back in to shape ha. The pictures looked way sick! Halloween seemed like you had a blast! Let everyone know I love them and miss them. As for the sky miles deal you just have to register on the internet we fly via Aeroflot most of the time and Delta so their all partners and work together.  I am good... on the warm side,  the cold feels so good!

Tanner - Dude, WHAT? Who said you could go and get all big and buff? Oh well, I speak Russian! I love ya bro, keep being the stud you are!

Megan - What up lil sis?! I heard you made comp volleyball!? Way to go you're such a little studmuffin that's for sure. I am proud to be able to say you're my sister. Remember what it says in Jacob 2: 17-18. :) I love ya sis.

Maddie - Hey baby sister! love your guts! Keep being you and hug the brown one for me!

5 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

He is in Siberia, he is inspired to write and say what his mom needs to hear, he is right, it not the "culture" of the Church that is true, it is the love part.

I can do that part.

Carol said...

Beautiful letter!! Sounds like he is doing awesome things. Russia is truly being blessed from his willingness to serve in that area. keep up the good work Elder Eborn.
~Sister Gneitings mom

Nancy said...

Nice letter!!!

terri said...

I do Love this young man,how blessed we all are to have in our lives.Each week his letter inspires me and helps me remember the things that matter the most.Its always what I need to hear.He is in tune with the spirit that's for sure.I pray Heavenly Father will keep him warm .:)

Bart said...

This was a great letter for the grandparents. JT seems to be doing well, always working hard and find a way to enjoy it along the way.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones