Monday, September 26, 2011

Be Faithful Unto the End

Shalom!

It's starting to get cold outside. That's a funny thing to say while you're living in Siberia... We were out without our jackets going to get groceries today and some бабушка got all up in our faces about not wearing coats. I guess it's that time of the year when all the leaves start to fall and the streets start turning to ice. It’s weird to think that I won't be here to see the thaw this next year.

This city is so beautiful, there are trees all down the streets that are full of orange and yellow leaves and the weather is wonderful to гулять. So we've been taking advantage of it before the winter hits to talk to people on the street and share our message. It was pretty good we've found a lot of people who want to meet with us and also are getting ready to start an English club here in Kemerovo. It's been fun; we're basically starting from the ground up so we get to decide everything. Some of my friends from Omck found out that I got sent here and sent me a whole group of contacts, friends of theirs in Kemerovo they wanted us to meet with and we've been able to find some new investigators from it.

Elder Carr has used one of his new favorite phrases quite a bit this last week, "when you know this is true, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?" and then he smiles :). He's a great guy and is a great missionary. Plus, he makes me laugh way hard. We were on a bus the other day and I was talking to a man and Elder Carr went to this бабушка and asked if she believed in God. She asked him immediately are you a Jehovah’s Witness? I heard it in the back of the bus and knew Elder Carr didn't know what she was saying, and before I could yell out "no", He smiles and says, “Yeah, I have a testimony of it” it was a good thing we got off on the next bus stop and I explained to him what had happened and we had a good laugh at it. Being a Trainer is a lot of fun, I remember how Elder Lambson use to just laugh at the things I would do while I was trying to get my feet on the ground. I'm sure it's kind of like how Dad must have felt with me for the last 19 years of my life, just sitting back and laughing as I lived and learned.

We have quite a few people that we've found this week that want to meet with us. It's been amazing people just seem to be flopping in our lap. We were invited to dinner last night by a lady who wanted us to come and meet her family and share our message with them. It was honestly, the first time I've ever had that happen on my mission. We also had another lady walk into the branch 3 minutes before sacrament meeting and ask “what is this building? I felt like I needed to come in here for some reason so I did”. We invited her to stay for sacrament and to meet with us afterwards. During sacrament I looked up at her and she had a huge smile on her face and tears rolling down her cheeks. Afterwards, we met with her and she told us how she'd left the православная church and didn't know what to do, but that she found our church and everything just felt so right. Elder Carr invited her to be baptized as well. Ha that's my boy ;). There are miracles here every day, I love this city. I don't know what it is or why, but I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be.

After last week, I was a little discouraged and I'm sorry if it seemed like I was down, but I was reading in D&C 31 again (It sees to bring peace to my soul for some reason). I love the words that are in the very last verse. "Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor men, but of Me even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer.." Whether we're one of 2 missionaries in a city of half million people in the middle of Siberia, playing volleyball, studying in college, working hard, or getting ready to run a marathon. I know that we are never alone. He's always near.

I love you guys :) thanks for everything. Were heading to Novo this week for a training and will be back by the end of the week! Keep us in your prayers.

liveSTRONG
Старейшина Иборн

Dad- Good luck this weekend Badger just remember...... “Run Dammit!”
Mom - Love you mommy :)

2 comments:

Bart said...

JT is working hard and is being led by the Spirit. He is making a difference in the lives of people that will never stop. We are very proud of him and all that he stands for. Thanks, Rene, for getting the post up. We know how busy you are, but you know also how we live for these posts.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Inside joke there, not just a missionary swearing. ;)

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones