How's it going back home? Seems like you guy's are having a grand ol' time Megan sure makes a cute Pirate, I think this year I'll be a missionary one last time for Halloween. It's crazy that it's already almost Halloween. We're going to try and have a Halloween party for English class this Thursday but we'll see how it turns out. It's hard to do things all big and fun when there are only two of you making things happen.
I'm not liking how fast time is going by, in missionary time the transfer is coming to a close and my last transfer is getting ready to start. Plus, the fact that Elder Carr found my Christmas music doesn't make things any easier lol. But, have no fear I'm focused and still good to go! This marathon isn't over until we cross the finish line.
This week has been a good one. Elder Carr had his birthday Friday and everyone wanted to have a party. So we invited all our investigators, members of the church, and a few people that we were hoping to start teaching and went bowling. I tell you what it's the funniest thing ever to watch bowling. I'm surprised that no one got killed. We had bowling balls flying every where and people slipping in the bowling shoes. It was legit, we had cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday then our visa registrar picked us up and took us out to have шашлык. Elder Carr was in heaven. For it being his first Birthday in Russia I think he had a pretty good one. He's always all smiles :).
Happy Birthday Elder Carr
The weather's been getting a little chilly. I put on my scarf one day before heading out and Elder Carr goes, "it's not that cold out side" then on the street, "блин, can we go back inside for a second." my сынок will have to get use to Siberia здесь мороз бывает... He'll be fine though, we've got his winter coat already and are planning on going to a рынок today to get him some gloves and a hat so he doesn't freeze.
We've been working hard with our investigators/members and things seem to be going well. Alexey agreed to be baptized when he receives an answer, Lena has some deep questions about the Atonement, and Galina is still trying to get baptized. We might take her to Novo and get her baptized there where there is a real font and a big church. Hopefully things will work out well.
Like Joseph Smith said, "the standard of truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing, persecution may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth ofGod will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."
We as the branch presidency are going to working on reactivating/finding those members of the church that we have here. It's not like we haven't tried before, but we've got a plan to do it. We only have 2 Elders here in the city other than us. the branch president and another who's in active. We're going to try and help get a good solid foundation of priesthood men here on which we can build the the rest of the church so, we've been focusing on that and using the Duty to God program to help those members who are here learn what their duties are and what they need to do. It's just hard.
Like Alma says the best way to help people to change is not by the sword, but by the hearing of the word of God. So we'll pick up our Books of Mormon every day and hit the streets.
I've been teaching the Temple Prep Classes here for the members who are getting ready to go to the temple next week.It's been quite the experience.
A 20 year old kid teaching two 40 year olds and a 70 year old бабушка about the Temple and helping them get ready to enter. One of the guys we've been working with told us the other day, " you can't expect some one who's twice your age to listen to you and to expect them to change their entire life around.." Elder Carr answered him right back,
"Yea, we can, we have no right to deny them the chance. We have no right to deny them that Hope which is in us."
It may be hard out here, but it's worth it. I know God Lives and He loves all of his children. It's a great time to be a missionary. We'll i'd better get going before i start blabbering on, nobody likes those missionaries who just talk about their missions the whole time, plus if I tell you everything now I won't have any stories for later. I love you guys! Have a great day/week! I'm expecting a ton of pictures from Halloween!
liveSTRONG
Старейшина Иборн!!
Mom- Don't worry mom. Also, I'm totally down with the whole St. George Marathon thing. Elder Carr said his mom's thinking about running it too.
Tanner - I'm diggin the hair bro. ha In the MTC they told us to not come home and grow out our hair and a beard but I tell you, it might just happen! Love ya Bro :) keep doing what you're doing.

No comments:
Post a Comment