This week's been another good one! I seem to have a lot of those :) I've been pretty blessed here on my mission and I'm so grateful that I am where I am. With the end getting close, I've had a lot of time to reflect on what the last 2 years of my life have been. The Lord really has blessed us here in Siberia. I'm very grateful for everything the Lord has done for me here. There really have been miracles everyday. I'm very grateful that he has made me an instrument in his hands.
Last week we picked up Sister Tamara from the вокзал (railway station). She's the first person from Kemerovo to go to the Temple. She was basically glowing when she got off the train and on to the platform :) She's so sweet; she's almost 80 years old and has had an amazing path which brought her to the church. She was afraid she wouldn't make it to the Temple but we made sure that she got there. She fed us борщ (borscht) don't worry I've learned how to make it and will make you all sorts of Russian stuff when I get home. She told us how much she loved the Temple. It was great, after that we had to run and take a bus to Novosibirsk where we had a Zone Conference.
This was my last Zone Conference and almost all the missionaries that were there with the exception of Elder Drasso, Capps, and myself had all started their missions within the last 6 months. I felt old, Elder Lawrence from the Quorum of the Seventy came and did some presentations it was very good. There was a strong spirit there. That seems to happen when you gather a group of missionaries together. I got a picture with my first companion and my last companion. Talk about a weird feeling. I ended up translating for the Russian sisters the entire conference, and I had the chance to bare my testimony one last time, which felt very good. I'm going to miss this a lot, I've grown to love these people, missionaries, the people of Russia, and it's going to be hard to say goodbye.
We got back into Kemerovo and got things ready for our week, and just worked. Finding, Teaching, Testifying. The things that we do as missionaries. This weekend we're hoping to have 2 baptisms. If all goes well, We're hoping that Heavenly Father will throw a miracle our way. We had a blizzard sunday morning and only had 6 people come to sacrament meeting. But the spirit was there and that's all that matters. It's going to be different seeing a sacrament hall with a lot of people in it after this.
Elder Carr's doing awesome. His Russian is coming a long great, a month or two more and he'll understand everything that is going on around him. I'm proud to say he's my comp. I've learned a lot from him in the last 2.5 months and I'm sure that these last 3 weeks are going to be no different. He's a stud of a missionary and will be even better than I could ever have hoped to be.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Eat a slice of pumpkin pie for me. Elder Carr and I will be alone for Thanksgiving but it's all good :) We're going to learn how to cook some yummy stuff ....if we could only find a turkey... Anyways, I gotta run :) Love you all!
liveSTRONG
Старейшина Иборн!!
Aunt Terri and Uncle Stan - Thank$, from Me I love you and appreciate your support.
Gram, love you too! thank$
Barbara don't worry about the date thing :) .
2 comments:
I was reading his letter, the part about being in a blizzard but it doesn't matter if you have the spirit.
Good insight for this mom, I often feel like my life is in a blizzard.
He lifts me upm and I'm sure I'm not the exception. That's what we all should be doing to others as we interact with them.
Love you all forever,
Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment