So this week was another great week. Teaching has been great, we've been busy with investigators, less actives, and just the craziness that is Russia!
One of our investigators has dropped off the face of the earth. We have no idea where he went so if you see him let me know. We've been getting more and more people at church each week which is really cool until they ask me something I have no idea how to answer because I don't understand what they say.. but its all good Elder Lambson usually jumps in when I get the "big deer in the headlights" look on my face.
This week was my first Zone Conference! We had President and Sister Trejo come with the AP's and we had a great conference. It was like a spiritual recharge.
I hope you all don't mind. But, I am going to issue a challenge to you all (meaning all my family and those who read this email) As a missionary we often give commitments/challenges, and by often I mean everytime we talk to someone. This weekend, at Zone Conference I felt really impressed that I should do this...family/friends so I'm giving you all a challenge which will not only be for me, but, will help the people here in Russia as well.
Often times the people here hear us as missionaries say "I know the Book of Mormon is true" or something like that and yeah it is but, sometimes I think that the fact that this is what I do everyday, all day long, makes them have a harder time believing me and feel what I am saying.
So :) where ever you are in your reading of The Book of Mormon, whether it's sitting there collecting dust or your are nearly through with reading it. I would GREATLY appreciate it if you finish it and do what it says in Moroni 10:3-5 and ask in prayer if it is true. This means if you haven't picked up a BOM in a while you'd better start reading! Some times I don't think we realise what we have. I sure didn't before I got here. I mean, even in the MTC I didn't under stand how important it is. The Book of Mormon really will bring a man closer to God by reading and abiding by its guidance, it was written for us in our day, and most importantly it is the keystone of our religion. If the Book of Mormon isn't true, then Joseph Smith wasn't really a prophet, and I am in the middle of Siberia wasting my time. BUT, I promise you that is not the case!
I have read The Book of Mormon and I have done as instructed by a Prophet and I have asked and I KNOW it is true. Why else would I be doing what I'm doing?! Things would be much easier at home in Utah, going to school, working, and hanging out with Amber. But I know, that this book is true. I want everyone here in Siberia to have the opportunity to read and to know for themselves. That's why I am here.
So my challenge/commitment it to all of you is this; Will you read The Book of Mormon from cover to cover, and then pray to know if it's true? If yes, then I will be expecting some emails/letters/whatever form of communication you can think of to get it to me about your experience so that I can honestly share it with the people of Russia. So that it's not just Some weird American in a suit and tie telling them this but many people who have gained a testimony of the truth for themselves. I hope that you all will except this challenge. Family--I especially feel impressed we need to read the Book of Mormon more faithfully.
Alright well on to some adventures I've had this week!
So Elder Lambson and I were walking home down the river that use to be the street to our apartment (Russia doesn't have drains so all the water just sits in the street untill it evaporates) and there's a lot of water. So Elder Lambson said "Hey, lets go this way home" and so I followed him. We came to a part where there was what looked like a shallow puddle ( never ever think it's a shallow Puddle in Russia) so I took a step on to what looked like a solid piece of ice. Well, it wasn't solid, it was more of an iceberg. I stepped on it and down it went. And so did I! I was calf deep in a puddle of freezing ice water. I freaked out and tried to jump to the next ice block which was just like the other one and down I went. When I finally found a solid patch of ice it was like I was in Raiders of the Lost Ark trying to get across this lake! It was crazy, I also met a drunk guy who liked me alot :). There are more stories but I don't have time to tell them you'll have to wait a few years to hear the some of them!
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Get started on your reading!
LIVESTRONG
ELDER EBORN
Dad- Way to fall over at the light! LOL, I heard Tanner did too. I wish I could go running or something. I'm going crazy just doing push ups at sit ups!
Tanner- Way to look stunning in that tux bro! AND way to keep the tradition alive (halo on prom oh yeah!)
Mom- I got all the attachments :) I'm still not sure how to send you pictures but I'll send a disk home with Elder Lambson he dies next week and will come up to Layton shortly after to see you and give you some stuff I'm sending with him.
Sara Day - Thanks for the email finally things are going good for me I'm working hard and I'm in Siberia! ha you can write me when ever you want or email me here but just know letters will take about 6 weeks for me to read so yeah! have fun, play hard and don't get into to much trouble! :)
7 comments:
I think the other stories we have to wait for our Code for "Dad, I can't tell you yet, or mom will freak out".
I know, Jason told JT the tricks. Them boys.
Also, Elder Mueller, Bishop, and Amber... I emailed your letters to you directly b/c they seemed personal in nature and I didn't want to put them on the blog. So check your emails!
Funny how the spirit works. Just this week, during FHE Jason asked Maddie to remind us to read the BoM as a family.
The B, is good at reminding us. If we say bad/rude words she remindes us by charging us $.
Hmmm, Maybe we should pay her to get us to read??
I've read the Book of Mormon many times and I've prayed about it just as Moroni says and I have come to know that it is true without a dout. I recently finished reading The Book of Mormon from cover to cover inside the Temple during little break periods. It has been a spiritual feast with with new incites and stronger conviction every time I open it's cover. No time is ever wasted in the Temple or inside the covers of the Book of Mormon. We can all benefit from continued reading of this book. JT is so right and we are thrilled with the power and stength of his testimony.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
It was fun to see Bart and Iris in the temple.I actully didn't see Bart but I saw Iris and she gave me a nice hug..Burdette told me he saw Bart..
Guess we have some work to do for our Elder family...
We take the challenge...and we're off(actually our family is in Mosiah -- 3 verses a day per person takes a while, but we will continue for us and now for JT too!:)
Thanks for the challenge!
Post a Comment