I am SO sorry you guys didn't get my email last week, I was using the computer in the office in Novo and it just must not have wanted to send. But I re-sent it so hopefully you all get it ha... looks like 2 emails this week for ya'll!
So last week we got back from Novo, horrible night sleep on a train, and just got back to work, we didn't have time for recuperation but just hit the road and started right where we left off when we left. We’ve been trying our hardest to find people to teach. That is the one thing that we are lacking here in Omsk is investigators, it's been the problem for the last 7 months here ha. And one of the things we do is we just talk to people. All the time we're trying to find those that have been prepared for our message.
Sometimes it seems hopeless. Getting shut down time and time again is kind of discouraging. Well… a lot discouraging but like the Lord said to Ammon and his brethren “Go and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give you success”. I’m not sure when it'll come but I know that the Lord loves me and that what I’m doing is His work.
Yesterday, for instance, we found 4 people who wanted to learn more about the message of the Restoration. It was a funny experience, we were standing on a bus stop and all of a sudden everything gets really quiet and everyone on the crowded bus stop is looking up the road, and down the sidewalk comes these two Africans. Here in Russia, it is very rare to see a black person at all and so I was standing there just like wow, "those are the first two black guys I’ve seen in almost a year". Then, I think to myself “I wonder if they even speak Russian?” So I yell out in English, “Hey! Do you guy's speak English?” They both turn around and look up at me with this big smiles and looks on their faces of just pure relief. “YES!” they yelled back and they ran back to me and we had a good conversation they are from Uganda, here studying for the year and have been met with a lot of hard times thus far, they don't speak any Russian, and Russians don't really like them. They were so relieved to see an American missionary it was so awesome. They asked if we would take them to church, We said “of course”. They called us later that night to make sure we weren't kidding and that they wanted us to meet their friend’s...it was great. Who know's? Maybe some of them will truly be interested… we could have an English speaking branch in Siberia! Man that'd be way amazing.
We've also been working with a family here and they are progressing! They read and pray as a family every night now. Their father is not as supportive (down right against) the missionaries coming over but the Mother said that she loves how she feels around us and that they're wanting to keep it up. We're hoping for them to get baptized the end of the month ...early March. So keep them in you're prayers!
Artiom, (aka Jon Bon Jovi) unfortunately has decided that our gospel is not for him and he has dropped the missionaries. He was trying to go to America, and when he couldn't it was a mess, but in short he's still looking for truth and wants to explore other options. I was saddened what happened and by what he said, and told him that the truth he's looking for is right here. It's like money on the table. We’ve laid it all out, and given him the option to take it, and he won’t. My investigator Roman, who was baptized almost 2 months ago, was able to receive the Holy Ghost and be confirmed a member of the church Sunday. It was a great feeling being able to stand in the circle around him and help confirm him. It was a great experience and you can read about it in my journal at the end of this year.
So yeah, that is pretty much my week. We've got Transfer calls coming this Friday. Being a ZL is definitely interesting. I get to talk with President Trejo ever week and report on things, and pass him information from the district presidency here. President T is awesome. What a great experience I have working with such good people!
Elder Maughn was telling me how much different our mission is from the rest of the world. This is the only mission I know, and it's crazy and mom figured out that the people aren't as nice as you'd like them to be but it's the mission,... my mission, where I’m suppose to be. I’ve learned a lot here, and I’m not even close to done. I’ve got a lot to do and I’m looking forward to doing it.
I love you all; I’ll let you know if I’m leaving Omsk or not next week. But all the same I’ll be giving it my all. Like Elder Mueller and I say, “You can sleep when you're dead!" Love you guys have a great week!
Mom & Dad - Hope you got my last week’s email finally the computer here says it was sent this time so idk hopefully it worked. But yeah mom I need you to send shirts... I’ve given them to members who need them and well washing machines here aren’t very good so if you could send me those I’d be very appreciative :) ha I checked out the pictures. Looks like you guys are having a blast :) I miss you a lot but it's alright May is coming up ;) love you guys!
Megan - Thanks for the Valentine’s Day Email Meggie Shake. It's always good to hear from my sisters. You look like you're kicking butt at volleyball ..keep it up. You rock!
Maddie - You're a goober LOL I love ya Maddie, your “smiley deals” always make me laugh lol because the Russian computers have a hard time reading them….but I know what you are saying....keep being you Maddie!
2 comments:
So last night, I kept waking up every hour or so and wake Jason up to check the phone... one time, Jason just jumped up and stood at the end of the bed, I was like, "what ya doing honey?" and he was oh, "I don't know.. sleep walking?"
We did miss our Elder's letter this week, even though we knew that he was fine.... then we were lucky because we got two letter! We are so blessed, we have an amazing son.
Each time, he writes home, I learn something from him.
We do have some serious amazing missionaries in this dispensation, those that save lives.
Missionary Mom (Rene)
The best havee been saved for the last days. We are proud of JT too.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment