So I guess you didn’t get last week’s email. I sent it from Novo but I guess it didn’t work so I’ll try again...
Hey ya'll!
I am writing you from the office in Novosibirsk right now! Elder Trunov and I took a train last night from Omsk to Novo and got here around 6 this morning and we will be leaving for home tonight around 10.
We came for zone leaders’ conference! We have got to spend 6 hours with President Trejo and with the rest of the ZL's from around the mission.
I got to see some of my favorite missionaries! (Old companions etc.) It was just so awesome. We had to give our report on how our zone did in the month of January. We have a goal for the year 2011 of 130 convert baptisms and have been working very hard to get that. Our zone goal for the month of January was 2 baptisms and we only got 1... I also got to give a spiritual thought on the quote "work work work" from Elder Ezra Taft Benson which was pretty legit I talked about wrestling and how we as missionaries want to have no regrets when we go home from our missions and that is why we need to have our whole heart might, mind and soul into what we are doing. (Sorry Dad, I know my last email may have seemed like I was getting trunky, but I am really not.) I miss you and all, but this is where I need to be and this is where I will be for the next 10-11 months, "there's a time and place for everything" and this is my time to Serve I am very focused on what I am doing here. At the end of all of our reports, President Trejo got up and told us that the Lord has sent us, the Elder's of the “Siberian battalion here, and he didn't send us to fail. Our mission is hard, but the Lord qualifies those he calls.
I'll be working hard to fulfill my potential as well as to help the members of my zone reach theirs.
It's getting really warm, well for Siberia. It’s like -15 or so outside on the street and I’m like sweating! This week was a good one though, our investigator family has been progressing, they came to church, family night, as well as to a fireside on eternal marriage. It was way good. I love teaching them and it's always such an warm and inviting atmosphere. They love the gospel and we are hoping to help them be baptized this month. So keep them in your prayers. We've been doing a lot of other good things as well and it's been a lot of fun. Elder Trunov is funny. …I've learned a lot from him already.
He's going home in a few months and that is why he was wondering about the BYU thing. I’ll explain it to him on the train ride home. I am not really sure what will happen when I get home but I am not really worried about it. Like I said I’m here right now and I am a missionary! I am here 100% I am giving myself to the Lord and we'll see what he will form me into. He is our maker and I know if I submit myself to his will he will me make me more than could ever be on my own. I just need to trust in Him.
That's way cool that Tanner got his Eagle….. and that he just had his court of honor! I'm proud of my brother that is for sure! He's got a lot of great things ahead of him. Love ya bro. It's amazing all the things scouting teaches us about being good people. I think I already told you about how Elder Trunov read tmy scout hand book and was all impressed by all the stuff that scouting has to offer, and that the aim of scouting is to help make young men into the men they need to be. I love scouting. I hope when I get home I get to serve in the scouting program.
Well... I think that is about it for me! I've got a long train home tonight and its way hard to sleep on the train. We stop at every little city in between Novo and Omsk and I wake up every time. But hey, I’m riding on the Transiberian railroad!!? How cool is that! Until next week...
liveSTRONG!
Elder Eborn
Mom & Dad - Hey mommy dearest :) it sounds like you've had a little adventure….. that is way cool though, it’s always fun trying to explain what my mom does to our investigators and such. ha and no one believes you can be a professional boy scout ha, I’m like…” I've got proof!” Ha he's my dad! It’s always fun :) so to answer your question about shirts and such. you can by almost anything here in Russia, but white shirts are a very hot item. You can get ALMOST white shirts but you can never find just plain ones. They always have something that won’t work with missionary attire. So if you could send me those shirts I'd be very appreciative :) I DON'T need garments lol. I have like 30 tops and like 15 bottoms for some reason but if I do need them I can by them in Finland so no worries :) I am also looking for a new suit. I’ve just given up on my American ones. They didn't last dang Mr Mac. I guess, he's never been to Siberia.. So I’ll be probably buying one sooner or later. They’re usually about 100 bucks or a little more they're really cheap here. I love you guy's thanks for everything :)
Tanner - Way to go brosky! You rock! Thanks for being my brother. I really do look up to you, thanks for always being a great example and just being awesome keep on doing what you're doing!
3 comments:
Isn't he wonderful!!! He has so much love in his heart for everyone
The Lord will bless him because JT
wants to do the right thing.His
spirit comes thru his emails. You
all are doing great.
Love Grandma Iris
I wish that I had the same amount of faith and trust my son has. I never say things like he does. Wow.
Rene--I love reading your son's blog. It makes me a little nervous yet excited for what my son encounters when he will arrive in Novosibirsk. I hope he will be the kind of missionary your son is. I have been reading some of those books to get a feel for the Russian people: Train to Potevka, The Silence of God, and another one I found, Death of a Tsar by Robert Marcum. Thanks for all of your suggestions and advice. I lost your email address, but I hoped I could communicate this way to ask you a question. Do you know if the Novosibirsk mission has pouch service? I just wondered how friends communicate with the Elders.
Thanks to your family for your example of faith and sacrifice as you send your son to such a difficult mission. I think I'm going to pack him extra white shirts!
Thanks so much! DeAnn Hoggan
Post a Comment