This was a great day for emails! I heard from all the people I have been thinking about this week and I'm so glad :) Thank you for all the letters of support and love. I really couldn't do this without you all.
So this last week was interesting ha I'm getting the hang of this whole AP deal. It's pretty interesting and I am learning so much. There's a lot of things to do for President, Sister Trejo feeds us . I have not eaten this well since I left the MTC! But no worries, I've found out that my Comp is as crazy as I am! -5 degrees outside at 6:30 in the morning and he's willing to go and run with me on the snowy, icy, frozen roads of Novo! It's felt so good, we haven't gone very far, maybe…2 miles and that’s it but we still ran. I'm way out of shape (and after Am's e-mail I'm pretty sure she's going be kicking me back into shape when I get home ;) or at least I am hoping so lol.)
This last weekend we had the opportunity to go to Kemerovo with President and Sister Trejo for a branch conference there. It's a small city, about the size of Tomck, the branch there however is the smallest in our mission. We had 3 members at sacrament meeting, one investigator, the branch President (who's a missionary) his companion, and the four of us. It was an amazing experience. Sitting there in a small room with those people translating for President and Sister Trejo (we have these way cool headset we use for translation (I am not going to lie, I love it! I feel like a secret agent using them LOL). I couldn't help but think about how on the other side of the world, the saints were gathered together to listen to the Prophet and Apostles. You all had an opportunity to raise your hand and support them as Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. And in a small branch in the middle of Siberia, I had the amazing opportunity to translate for President Trejo as we did the Sustaining of the General Authority's as well.
It's a big world, yet small all at the same time. The spirit at that branch was amazing a great testimony builder of the fact that the Gospel is true. I know that. The branch in our mission will be watching conference this weekend, but I'll be going to Novokuznetsk for a training and zone conference. So, Elder Rupper and I are planning on locking ourselves in our office when we get back and watching conference all day. We probably watch it at the mission home with President when we get back.
Part of my assignment now is to help train other missionaries skills to become more effective teachers and such. Today, we had all of the Zone Leaders from all over the mission here in Novosibirsk for Zone Leaders Council. It was such a strange feeling. A few months ago I was the newest/youngest zone leader in our mission. Now I'm the one who is teaching. It was/is a humbling experience that’s for sure. We talked a bit about how we can better use role-playing as missionaries to help us better prepare for our lessons. Elder Rupper and I prepared a educational workshop on it, and things turned out pretty well. I guess putting together campfires, being in charge of assemblies in high school, and being around my parents has paid off a little. We're going to be focusing on teaching how to better use our studies and how to find those who are prepared at zone conferences this round about so it'll be fun. Hey, it is said if you want to really learn something you need to teach it! So I'm hoping I'll learn as I give presentations and teach.
I've also made it a goal not to just sit in the office and work on paper work and presentations all day. I am not sure I will be able to work in an office when I get home this last week has been hard to get us to sitting in the office for the time that I've been here. So, Elder Rupper and I are going to keep working as well. We're going to try and to carry as much as we can by being missionaries as well as APs. We don't have an area, or a branch in which we are really assigned to work, but all the same we're finding investigators and meeting with them.
Last week actually we were able to meet with our investigator who is actually from Omck как раз. I've actually met him before and we decided to start meeting with him here since he moved here and we actually set a baptismal date with him for the end of this month! :) He's read the Book of Mormon and is starting to live the principles and it's just amazing what the gospel can do for people. It really will change our lives for the better if we are willing to put aside our own pride, humble ourselves, and come unto our Savior who is waiting with open arms.
I love being where I am :) We also have a family we found. They are Armanian and are great! We have taught them about the plan of salvation earlier this week and they are great and I'm excited to learn and grow with them.
So yeah, Pretty much my week's been good, we're busy and working hard and I'm still loving every minute of it! :) Thanks for all you guys do for me, you really do strengthen my testimony. I love you guys! I'll catch ya next week!
жив сильно
Ст Иборн!!
Mom & Dad - Sounds like you guys are having a great spring break! I wish the weather was 80 degress here. I'm getting tired of the snow. If global warming were true, I wish it'd happen in Siberia! I'll be expecting pictures and a full report of spring break next week. I love you guys. Listen to some good music for me!
Jacob Kesler - Hey big guy :) Thanks for your email. Ha you have no idea how good it was to hear from you. Honestly that was probably the best email I've gotten my entire mission. You're an awesome man Jake, and I have no doubt that you're going to be a wonderful instrument in the hands of the Lord. :) It's the hard things in life that make us stronger and help us to learn. I love you brother! I hope you keep me updated with how things are going and what you're up too. It's been 15 months way to long.
3 comments:
Friends, Family, Guests,
Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. We were off making some family memories.
My thought about this letter is my son left a boy, and I can evidence that he now a man.
I love my son.
Thanks for the e-mail. He sounds so
happy and feeling good about what he is doing. He will be returning a
man and will know what he wants to
do and make of his life. He will
still carry forth the gospel in
his life to others when he comes
home. He sure loves his family and
he knows his family loves him. I'm
sure the Mission President is happy
to have him there helping him. We
sure love him and all of you.
Thanks for doing those baptismal
names in the Las Vegas Temple. You
have helped a lot of people to
be members os the Church and to be
able to continue their progress.
You will be blessed for this.
We love you all so very much,Jason,
Rene, JT, Tanner, Megan, & can't
forget our Maddie-B. Keep safe.
Love Grandma Iris
JT is up to every challenge and faces life with courage a good spirits. What agreat quality. He is so right about the influence of his scouting, student government, school activities and his family. He has been able to take all of the positis and mold them as a part of his character, and when it come right down to it, that is the only thing any of us will take with us from this life. We have the choice to be all that we can be and to learn from others and our own experiences.
Love our missionary,and his entire family. Thanks for all you do and are.
Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment