Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Want to be like Captain Moroni


Hey Fam!
So I'll start off by getting the "most important stuff" out of the way to begin with. I don't think I explained the whole Mothers day thing out as well as I'd have liked. We will be having lock downs on Monday due to the fact that it's Victory Day and it's not very safe to be out on the streets for Americans that stick out like sore thumbs in their white shirts and ties. So, you can call me on Monday morning Novosibirsk time at 8 am. I think that works out to be like 9 pm Layton Utah time if my math serves me right.

Call me on my cell because I'm afraid that my home phone might cause radiation poisoning... Any ways I'm really looking forward to being able to talk to you all :) I've missed you like crazy and I'm so excited to actually be able to hear your voices.  It gives a whole other dimension to the fact that I have a family! Elder Rupper and I have been talking about it and it feels like our entire lives have been on a mission. it's weird, ha I think back to things that happened before the mission and it's weird.. Anyway sorry, sometimes I feel I'm slipping slowly into insanity but that's what happens when you've got two languages fighting for control of your brain. it's been getting better though, I have to often talk with President Trejo in English so it makes things better or at least more understandable.

So last week when I wrote you we were in Irkutsk and it was snowing like, well like we're in Siberia как раз! It ended up snowing something like 40 cm and короче, We were unable to fly out of Irkutsk that day. So we Spent another night with the elders there, President and Sister Trejo stayed at a hotel. We had a grand time! Irkutsk is actually the only place in Siberia where a Papa John's Pizza is located. It was delicous! I still can't get over how good it was! Because of the delay, I was also able to learn more about Irkutsk and the culture that is around Baikal. It was very interesting to say the least, I bought some neat souvenirs that I'll probably send home next time I'm in Finland. It would be really neat to serve in the east, and with another 8 months left there it could happen...

Today we had our Zone Leaders Council. All the ZL's from all over the mission traveled here to be trained by us and by President Trejo. It was a really good council. Elder Rupper and I talked about helping our people make and keep commitments. It went over pretty well I think. President Trejo talked about leaders, and how we are the leaders of the mission. It really hit home with me because in the next two months, we'll be losing all of the "older missionaries", for most of my mission I've been one of the younger generation, as well as our mission President. It's going to be a make it or break it time for our mission, and a lot of the missionaries are going to be looking to us, for guidance and leadership. He talked about 2 people from the Book of Mormon. about King Benjamin, as well as Captain Moroni. It really struck me pretty hard, and has definitely given me a lot to think about ha. I hope I can be one of those Captain Moroni's not just here on the mission, but through out my life. I'm great full for the leaders that I've had in my life that have helped me become the man I'm becoming. Those people like Dr. Hill (thanks for letting me know about him), Troy Brown, Matt Larsen, Bishop Nielsen, and of course my Father. Those kinds of people are the one's who really have helped me become who I am. And I'm Very grateful for their examples in my life and for everything they've taught me.

Well, I guess I'd better get going. There's a lot to do and it never seems like there is ever enough time to do it. I love you all :) thank you for the support you give me. The Church is true, Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration, God loves us, and Jesus Christ is our Savior and you can know it too! The Book of Mormon is a wonderful way to find out ;) just check out the last two paragraphs in the introduction.

LiveStrong,
Elder Eborn


3 comments:

Bart said...

What a nice surprise. We didn't think we would get an e-mail with
him calling home for Mother's Day.
He sounds great and we are so happy
to read how he feels and to see how he is growing. What a man he is. He has a testimony and not afraid to express it. Gosh We sure
love him. Thanks for the post.

Love to all,
Grandma Iris

meegz said...

He's always in our family prayers and we wrote letters to him the other day again -- we love our JT. He is shaping the rest of his life right now -- and doing a pretty darn good job of it I might add.:)

Bart said...

Captain Moroni!! Bye Bye Superman!! Sounds like he's got his priorities pretty straight. Love our missionary.

Grandpa Bart

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones