Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Elder Trunov

Hey Ya'll,

I know I just got to talk to you all on Monday and all, but P-Day is P-Day and so you'll be getting emails from me this week whether you like it or not. It was so good to hear from you, I could tell that you've all gotten a little use to life without me and all, but I really loved getting to hear from you all :). So thank you for giving me a ring.

It was a good thing that we were all on lock down all day because, after, our call, I was so trunky all day. We got to go to Park of Victory and watched the celebration. Then we went to the mission home with the missionaries from Novosibirsk watched movies, played board games, and ate food. It was a lot of fun :) I got out voted and we watched Bridge to Terabithia instead of Follow me Boys. Which was a horrible idea, that show was way too sad. I mean you go into it all excited about some fantasy world, and are shot down by a cute little girl that ends up dying at the end and a little boy who thinks she went to hell. All of us missionaries were thinking to ourselves, "hmmm, we should teach these people about the Plan of Salvation..." I also found out that my scrabble skills have completely diminished (they were never really there to begin with, but I'm just saying) we ended up spelling Russian words with English letters, English words with Russian letters and just making things up as we went. All and all it was a pretty good time though :)

Yesterday, was Elder Trunov's last day as a missionary. He came from Omck and spent the day in the office with us as we all prepared for new missionary orientation today. It WAS way funny to see him in that t-shirt. It was a gift from Ira from Omck who just wanted him to remember the good times in Omck. I do miss that city, but will have the opportunity to go back this month.




Silly story, Last night Elder Trunov wanted to wrestle me one last time before he left for home, so we had a little bit of a match. He thought he'd learned a thing or two and I let him think he was doing well then I stuck him with a near-side craddle and put his head between his legs. I've got it all on video and will show you when I get home. I'll miss him he's definitely one of the best companions and a great friend. This morning we were up at 5 o'clock to go to the Airport to drop him off and to pick up the 3 new missionaries that have come to our mission. It was interesting saying goodbye to Elder Trunov, but exciting to meet these new Elders who will be spending the next 2 years in our mission and continue on what so many missionaries have started before us. We'll be doing a training thing with them tonight and tomorrow and then we'll send them off to their trainers and cities.


I have a new companion, Elder Stewart (not the Elder Stuart from Vegas) and I are getting along great, He's from Kaizer, Oregon, and also a runner. So I'm thinking this summer will be a good one. I've missed running like crazy and after Dad's little excerpt on running I've been craving a good run! So hopefully when we are in the city we'll be able to run. He (Elder Stewart) and I are actually "brothers" in the mission sense. Elder Lambson (our father/trainer) trained Elder Stewart, and then when I was born (started my mission) he trained me. So the "Son's of Lambson" have now become the AP's. We thought that was pretty funny. Elder Lambson was amazing!

This weekend we'll be flying to Irkutsk and Ulan Ude with President Trejo as well as, President Lawrence for a fireside as well as sacrament in Ulan Ude. Then next week I'll be going on my 5th Visa trip to Helsinki, then later in the month we'll be going to Omck for a training/zone conference. Yeah! so my life is pretty much like that for the next couple weeks :) So yeah!


Thank you guys for calling again, it was great to hear from all of you. I miss you like crazy, and am grateful that I've got such an amazing family to support me :) I love you!
жив СИЛЬНО
Cт. Иборн!

Mom & Dad - Mom, don't worry about getting me anything like clothes or stuff. I've got plenty of shirts to last me now and if I need anything like shoes or “whatever not” (I guess I miss Chase subconsciously...) if I need anything, just send me some money and if I need anything I can buy it here.  If you want to send packages though I'd love some pictures of what you've been up too, Reese's, and different kinds of marinade. Since I am in Novo now I get them as soon as they get in ;)


Tanner - Happy Birthday Broski! I love ya and am proud of ya! I can't believe you're 18 now goodness. Soon you'll be in my shoes ;) Love you, Bro have a great birthday. Just remember, Be excellent, and PARTY ON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like JT is back on his Wednesday schedule. We take word from him any time it comes. He seems to be doing very well and having some incredible experiences as he serves the Lord in Siberia. He's also right about his family. They are great. I remember one of my companions from so long ago. He only got one letter from his split-up parents during the entire thirty months of his mission. He was a great missionary in spite of it all. We love our Elder and of course his family too.

Grandpa Bart

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones