Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Will Do What The Lords Asks of Me

I'll start off by saying Happy Father’s Day! I totally forgot about it, and while we were sitting in Krasnoyarsk; Sister Trejo reminded me.. I also wanted to say молодецы Dad & Uncle Philip--your cannon ball was pretty legit.  My companion and I were laughing pretty hard.

This morning we got to go and pick up the first wave of new missionaries! We sent 8 of our most seasoned and experienced missionaries home and got 5 new ones! One of which I went to high school with  and one of which gets off the plane, reads my name tag and says, " do you know the Houghton’s?" Elder Stewart started to laugh way hard at that. Turns out Am sent his brother something to give to me ha we'll see what it is when he wakes up this afternoon ;). They're a good bunch of Elders who will do awesome I have no doubt.   We've been having to take care of the next transfer which starts in August and we will have 10 new missionaries and another 7 experienced missionaries going home and we are working to figure out who's going to be training, and leading the mission. Usually AP's are only AP's for 2 or 3 transfers. This will be my third transfer here not sure what is in store.   I know it's not important what I want, I'll do what the Lord asks of me; and I'll do the best that I can. We need to figure out what will be best for the mission, I've only got a few transfers left and I want to do all I can. 

I've told you a little about our investigator Nastya (Anastasia) who is golden! Monday when we got home from Krasnoyarsk we got to teach her a little bit about the commandments and help her understand what she needs to do in order to be baptized. We also set a baptismal date with her for the 16th of July, and will be working with her to get her ready. It's funny we don't even really have to teach. We gave her these pamphlets about the Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom, she read them, called us up asked a few questions and said, "Alright, that makes sense and feels right." Elder Stewart and I basically just are here to answer her questions ha.  It's awesome being able to teach people who the Lord has prepared for the gospel, I've found a few of those elect souls on my mission and it's like they just thirst for more, they don't want our meetings to end and they do everything they are asked. You can see how the gospel really will change the lives of the people it touches. I love being a missionary! 

So I've got some news. We learned last week that President Petersen will not be coming to our mission next week. Due to some complications they have been reassigned to serve in Arkansas. There has been a new mission president assigned, President Gibbons, and do to the fact that he needs Visas and all sorts of fun loops that we have to jump through to get anyone to come to Russia, they will not be coming until end of July mid-August... President Trejo however, will still be leaving in a few weeks. The math adding up we will be mission president-less for a few weeks. President Rolfe from the mission presidency will be presiding for the time being but, that still means that there will be a lot of things that now fall on our shoulders as assistants... So for the next few weeks my life is going to be pretty interesting so be expecting some fun emails!

Well, I guess I'd need to go the new missionaries will be waking up soon and we'll have to get going on their orientation. Thanks for the emails :) You all rock! Have fun were ever you are! I love you all!

живСИЛЬНО
Старейшина Иборн!

PS - The pictures are of me in Krasnoyarsk, I found a Kaibo! Actually they're all over the place in here in Siberia!

Dad - Happy delayed Fathers day! Thanks for being a great Dad, and Friend, Love ya Badger!
Mom- Love ya mommy :)
Amber - Hey missy :) you're quite the cowgirl! you look like you've done that a time or two before lol. Thank you for the package you set last week :). The Reeses' were amazing, but i loved reading your letter :) Tell your family thank you for their letters as well They're awesome! Have a great week Missy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he is going to be a
busy missionary for the next few
weeks. He really makes us realize
what his work is all about. You
can tell he enjoys what he is doing
I guess you know you will have a
lot of makeup fun activities for
him when he comes home. I'm sure
you have them already planned.
Sure love that young man and the
rest of you.

Love, Iris

Bart said...

Thaks for keeping us posted. We live for news about JT and his mission adventures.

Love you all and a;ways,

Grandpa Bart

Anonymous said...

We look forward every Wed. for JT's
e-mail. It's the highlight of our
day. Sounds like he will be very
busy with all the changes happening
He is up to the task I know. Just
think of all the experiences he is
having that will help him in his
life in the future. I know our
Heavenly Father is always watching
over him. We love him very much and
are sooo proud in the way he always
gives credit to his Heavenly Father
Thanks so much for putting the email on the blog for us. Love you
all.

Love Grandma Iris

Jennifer Harris said...

My son is one of the missionaries coming in August! They are a fantastic group of missionaries that are working hard and doing all they can to be prepared to serve when they arrive. Thank your sweet son for all he does and for being there to recieve these boys when they arrive in Russia!

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones