Hey ya'll,
Sorry I didn't write yesterday I had a bad day and didn't want to жаловать. but, everything is cool now . I've calmed down and I am super stoked for a new day! There's been a lot going on the last week so I'll try to give you a glimpse of what I've been up too.
Last week I got to go back to Omck! It was the bomb, it was such a good feeling to go back and to know everyone and see the people I have grown to love so much. I definitely miss that city and those members. We had a really good training and Zone Conference, we taught the missionaries about studies. How important they are as well as how to get the most you can out of your study time, as well as how to find the elect through our own efforts. то есть contacting! Every missionaries favorite pass time! I really enjoy talking to people on the street about the gospel, maybe it's just due to the fact that I've spent so much time in front of campfire audiences and student body’s that I'm really not afraid of stopping and asking someone, "Hey do you believe in Jesus Christ?" The second workshop is definitely a lot more fun at least for me. While we were at church over the weekend in Omck it felt kind of like coming home, it was weird everyone came up to me and were way excited to see me and had me get right back involved with the district presidency like it was when I was there the first time. Elder and Sister Maughan made me stand there and took a look at me Sister Maughan was all up set and asked Sister Trejo, "don't you feed this boy?!" it was fun to see everyone that's for sure, Sunday was the best though… Sergey, Violetta, & Valentina were all there at church :) all the individuals who I have taught and helped get baptized it was so awesome! :) ya know, the entire time I served in Omck, I felt like I didn't accomplish much, like I'd been pushing on a rock that wasn't moving anywhere. But looking back I really can see some of the fruits of my labor :). Sister Valentina invited us over for dinner with the ZL's and so we went and she fed us so much it was ridiculously delicious! I really hope I have the opportunity to go back to Omck again someday.
We got back to Novo and had a lot to do, we had to get ready for ZLC (which was yesterday). Honestly I'd been thinking a lot about what we should do for it how we could help our Zone Leaders in order to make this month “the month” that our mission Raises The Bar on how we do missionary work. After study, fasting, and prayer Elder Stewart and I both realized that what we needed to teach them about “How to receive revelation” for their individual zones and how to make changes to how they are doing missionary work themselves instead of always looking to others. It was kind of the whole personal revelation thing that Elder Dallin H. Oaks talked about once upon a time and honestly it was a very good workshop, I personally felt the spirit guiding me as I opened my mouth and really did feel that I was fulfilling my errand from the Lord. Interesting thing, We as AP's don't really collaborate with President when we prepare for ZLC, we teach for about 40 minutes about what we feel the mission needs and President usually takes the afternoon portion.
This time was interesting, when it was his turn to get up (this being his last ZLC I may add) and tells us to “Raise the Bar here in Novosibirsk, we want to be better, and I want you as a council of ZL's to decide what you'regoing to do. I was shocked because it was just exactly what we had taught this morning, about using council system and receiving our errand from the Lord for what we needed to do. And then he asked us as Assistants not to participate in the council...to let them go he and Sister Trejo leaving the room as well. I sat and hoped and prayed as I watched the council commence.
It didn't go as planned, or as well as President Trejo would have liked. It wasn't the best needless to say, and yesterday I was pretty upset about everything (I really just needed a run to clear my head and to think about what we needed/could to do but, by then the Elder's we're all on trains, planes, and buses to their own cities.
This morning however, while I was studying in the Book of Mormon, I read about Moroni and the Title of Liberty and realized, that's what we need! Something that will rally us all together and get us focused, and ready to work hard and raise us to the next level here in Siberia. We've been working hard and we'll be talking with President Trejo in a little bit to see what we can do. So yeah, I didn't want to write yesterday and just vent so I put it off for a little bit and was able to clear my head.
Today has started off great! We had a meeting with a street contact and will be having another one here in the next hour or so. We met with a young lady who we stopped on the street for English contacting and she told us how she'd been searching for God and wanted to know Christ better and so we invited her to learn more. This morning while meeting with her we were able to see that she really is one of those people the Lord has prepared for this message, all of her questions were totally answered by the message of the Restoration! We have taught her about Joseph Smith and she basically grabbed the Book of Mormon out of our hands! It was great, I haven't been able to really teach someone in a long time and it felt so good to be doing missionary work! I really do love being here and doing this work. I'm slightly freaked out about the fact that we're already in June and all but I guess time really does fly. Almost a year and half out here wow.
Anyways, I love you guys. Thanks for all your emails! I love reading from you and being able to know how things are going back home. I miss you guys like crazy and I hope you have fun, whether you're going to California, Staying Home and Working, Swimming, Running and doing P90x all day, or sitting home being with a brown dog, know that I love you and that I'm praying for you all!
жив СИЛЬНО
Cт. Иборн!
Mom & Dad - You'll have to check with Amber (if she's not married by then) about the whole camp thing ha, I wouldn't mind though, Waterfront or High Adventure Director would be fun. Make sure you take lots of pictures of Tanner's Graduation and California for me, I live vicariously through you guys! Be safe and have fun!
Tanner- dude, you're old.
Megan- Congrats on Volleyball Shea- bug! You rock!
B - Love You!
3 comments:
Cute boy!
We do so much appreciate hearing from our misionary. He is on his errand and is doing very well. Love him very much as we do all of you.
Grandpa Eborn
What an awesome missionary! He is doing so good!
Post a Comment