Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Modern Pioneers


Sounds to me like you all have had quite the weekend, party after party! It's a good time to be celebrating our pioneer heritage. The Saints in Siberia celebrated it as well; however, they weren't celebrating their heritage but their own story. The church (only being here in Russia for like 20 odd years) most of the members are all recent converts. You could say, that they have their own pioneer story here in Siberia. It's a really exciting time with the first stake in Moscow and the new temple Kiev.


The Kingdom of God is growing upon the face of the earth. I'm grateful for all the pioneers whether they're the ones I have in my family tree or the ones we have right now.

This week has been, I am not sure how to describe it. We had a video conference from Moscow that we needed to be on with President Rolfe, but when we did the check for it to make sure all was working; nothing worked.


So I spent all day on the phone with some IT person in SLC trying to get it to work (sorry mom, you'd of been sleeping anyway) and we couldn't get it to work. So he said he'd make a call to the company that makes the video conference deal and try to get an engineer to help us out. Which never happen, we ended up having to find some back way into the video conference which was interesting to say the least. By the time that all happened and was finished we had to find a mini missionary, send her to Krasno, and scramble to get on a train to Novokuznetsk where we had training with the Elders. It's been fun. While there we went contacting with Sister Rolfe which was awesome! She would just walk up to people and start showing them
her pictures and we'd have to translate what she was saying. I really think it'd be fun to come back and serve as a senior couple some day. People look at you differently (not like you're some 20 year old kid).


Anyways, we had a good weekend but it feels good to be back in Novo for the time being. I'll be here at least for another transfer with Elder Stewart helping the Gibbons get adjusted. I. Man it's super scary to think that I've been here that long. We get a new bunch of missionaries coming in a week from today. That'll be the group with Elder Walker coming. It'll be interesting we've got 8 new elders and a new sister coming in this transfer and that leaves us as the oldest groups in the mission which is a scary thought ha. Hey, no worry, Elder Walker’s Trainer is one of the best missionaries we have. It's actually one of the first things we do when we start deciding a transfer is who are going to be our trainers and all of those we have training are the best of the best.


It'll be exciting we've got the Gibbons coming in that same weekend; we will then start our sprint across the mission. It looks like we'll get to visit all of the cities and missionaries within 2 weeks after their arrival. Sister McCauley here in the office just came in and told us that President Gibbons is actually a runner, and that he has asked Elder Stewart and I to help him find a good 5-6 mile run here in Novo. We're very excited for that! Elder Stewart actually is like a State Champion sprinter from Oregon and is way fast, (I figure I've run a marathon. So should be ok ;) We're very excited for their arrival!


Things are going well, wearing holes in all my shoes and loving every minute of it. I've been having a lot of I don't know just mixed emotions about the whole last few months of my mission deal and I don't know. I guess it's kind of like running a marathon. You really don't know what's going to happen but when you get to the last few miles of the race you just run as hard as you can.


That is summary of my week; things that are coming up and things that might be running through my mind at this moment. So, know I love you guys Thank you for all your prayers in my behalf, I couldn't do this without you. Until… next week...


liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn


Mom & Dad - hmmm what do you think would be the best option mom? I understand that the U has major perks but then again I'm not sure whether or not I want to just jump in deep and get going again or whether or not I should start part time. Let me know your thoughts.


I'm sure you're all sick of getting these emails already but you'll only have to put up with them a little bit longer and then you'll have to deal with me in the flesh muahaha. Not going to get a head of ourselves there.







1 comment:

Bart said...

Thanks, Rene, for the post. We are always happy to know what our missionary is up to. He is doing great and we are proud grandparents.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones