Last week was transfer calls for me, I was not surprised, I am excited for another 6 weeks of traveling around the mission helping President Gibbons to get his feet on the ground enough to get running! It's going to be an adventure that's for sure. I'm not sure how regular my emails will be for the next few weeks. We've scheduled to travel to every city within the first 2 weeks of his arrival and we may be taking P-days different times throughout the week. So just be prepared if one week you don’t' get anything on Wednesday mornings.
We just got back from training in Tomsk this last weekend. It went well; there was a good spirit there. We had the opportunity to go to a professional soccer game. I was way bummed that I already sent my Tomsk soccer jersey home already but oh well, less weight for later. The game wasn't too exciting, I feel bad that's probably the one part of the culture that I haven't really gotten into... I'm just not a soccer player. The best part of the game was when the ambulance driving to assist an injured player drove into the steeple chase pit right in front of us. I got a pretty good laugh at that. The high light however was being able to partake of the sacrament which was passed by my recent member of the church. I've written about it before, but it really is such a wonderful thing to see those that you've worked with and prayed for are active in the church and serving the members.
Unfortunately, it seems like this month everything has happened ha. It's been such a crazy month for President Rolfe. He's been really great to work with and I’ve learned a lot from him this month. Maybe because he was only here for a month Heavenly Father decided to bless him with all the experiences of being a full-time mission President all in the month that he was here. Yesterday we had to make changes to the transfer we had made due to some unforeseen circumstances. It was pretty much hectic all over the mission office, but we got through it all and now everything is alright. Missionaries will have apartments, areas, and everyone's visas are all under control. It was a lot of fun to say the least ( a little crazy).
Serving in this assignment I’ve had the opportunity to take "dying" missionaries to the airport on several occasions, and honestly I think that when it's my turn I’m not even going to think it's really happening. It's always hard to see my friends go home, however, almost as quickly as they run up the gangplank, new missionaries walk out of the baggage collection hall. It's always such a blessing to get new missionaries! They bring in a fire and excitement to the mission that is wonderful. I love getting to hug everyone of the new elder's and tell them "добро пожаловать в Новосибирск" it's always a good feeling (even if we have to get up at 4 am to go get them).
Elder Eborn and Elder Walker (cousins)
Elder Eborn and Elder Bennett
Elder Walker was the first one we met this morning! Ha, I can tell, he is excited to be here and will be a great missionary. He'll be serving here in Novosibirsk, in the furthest north area called Снигери (Snigerev). His trainer, Elder Bounous, is one of the best missionaries we've got. I had the opportunity to serve in Omsk with him while he was being trained, and I have no doubt they're going tear it up. I am realizing how long I’ve been here if I’m watching missionaries who were being trained a year ago are training... gulp...
Our investigators are doing very well. Last week we were walking home and felt we should talk to this lady walking toward us. So we did as we were prompted and low and behold she was ecstatic to meet us. She's about 45 and a famous interior designer here in Novosibirsk. She insisted that we come over to her house and talk to her about our message the next evening. We invited President and Sister Rolfe with us and had one of the most amazing lessons ever. She showed us some of her work and explained about what she does. Then she got all serious, "Elders, I've been looking for truth. And I feel that God has sent you and your message to me." We were just in shock. It's amazing how the Lord prepares people for the gospel. We're planning on meeting with her again this week and we'll see what happens, our is also doing well, and we also found another individual who speaks Russian and English who seems to be really receptive to the gospel. We had a meeting with him where he gave the closing prayer. The spirit was very strong. I have high hopes for some these people.
Well I think that’s about it from me... The Gibbons get in this Friday, and then next week we'll have ZLC and then Thursday I leave for yet another visa trip. It seems like I was just in Finland.
I love you guys. Thank you for your prayers and for all you do for me. I couldn't do it without you! I miss you all!
liveSTRONG
Старейшина Иборн!
Mom & Dad - Could make sure I have some money on my card, I’m going to send start sending some of my things home these last few times to Finland because it's cheaper and quicker to send stuff from there. So yeah! I hope your mouth gets feeling better mommy. Love you guys :)
Grandma & Grandpa E - Happy Anniversary!
2 comments:
Thanks so very much for posting this picture.. (tear drop) What some good lookin' elders
Thanks again for getting the email
to us so quickly. It's the highlight of our day. We wake up and hurry to turn on the computer
to read his email. He doing such a
great job and he never says any
thing negative. He has a wonderful
spirit. Gotta love him.
Love, Grandma Iris
Post a Comment