Hope all is well at home, things here are great. More of my friends from home get here every week it's great! Minus the fact that most of them are in and out of this place within a month, and I've just broken through the half way point. It's all good though, I'm coming to love the MTC it really is an amazing place, we call it the "School of Prophets" we had a speaker a few weeks ago who told us how the only other time we will get to have the title as "Elder" is if we are called to be a general authority (which will probably never happen to me ha). It really made me realise the importance of my calling. I love being a missionary! Wearing this name tag is exactly what I want to be doing! There is nothing I'd rather be doing.
Class has been fun, it takes a lot out of you trying to learn this crazy language. But I guess, the Motherland is calling and she only speaks Russian. I love this language, as hard as it is to learn. The members of my district and I speak as much Russian as we possibly can which is super fun. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, any opportunity we can, we are speaking it. It's a cool feeling knowing that you're speaking a different language and that people can actually understand you.
We have teaching appointments once a week and we have to teach 100% Russian. It's awesome. I also go once a week and call people across the country to talk to them about the gospel. It's an amazing experience, it really gets you out of your comfort zone. But I love it I get to testify that Jesus Christ is the Savior of man-kind and that Joseph Smith really did restore His Gospel to the earth. The message that we missionaries carry really is important work.
Elder Drasso and I have had to prepare for a presentation for the new missionaries this week which has been stressing me out. We have to teach them about planning, personal & companion study, and how to conduct a companionship inventory. This Wednesday, Elder Drasso's twin brother comes into the MTC and his sister receives her mission call. So his whole family is up here for the week... because of the situation with his sister and such, the Mission President made arrangments for his family to attend our temple session and for his sister to go in for her endowments. It was really exciting for Elder Drasso. It made me miss you quite a bit though. I hope all is going well at home.
Being here really takes you out of the world--it's crazy. We didn't find out until yesterday that there was a huge earthquake in Haiti, or that the Saints and the Colts were in the Superbowl. I guess it's good though, we really do come a lot closer to our father in heaven when we put off the natural man and become a instrument in the hands of the Lord.
We had a mission conference Sunday where President Smith spoke to us about having faith. It wasn't the normal Sunday School talk on faith though. It was more that we need to have faith enough to leave everything behind and dedicate ourselves to the Lord. We can't look back and wish we were where we were before, we need to keep our thoughts on the future and have faith that what is coming is much better. I know that what he said was true, I loved my life before my mission, I had a lot of fun and great experiences and I miss all of that, and my friends and family. But I know that this is where I need to be, and that what lays ahead will be better.
This mission marathon is just getting past the first 5k. So I'd better keep running! I love you all and I miss you terribly. I hope all is well at home...let me know how things are going. Like I've said almost every week, I love hearing from you.
As mom said in her last dear elder......
"LIVESTRONG,
Elder Eborn"
I am trying to Livestrong...
Love,
Elder Eborn
PS. I got your letters ...Mom, I'll let you know when I get my travel plans and we can coordinate. I need some pictures of our family. Don't worry about the ring just get it here when you can :) Way to start exercising MOM!. ....Send Gramm my love, hope her surgery goes well. Please give my brown brother a big kiss from me, I love you all.
1 comment:
We so much appreciate these regualr posts. I'm always wanting to know how JT is doing and how he's thinking about the whole experience. He is such a great young man and I am so glad to count him as my oldest grandson. He has taught me much in his young life and he is not done yet.
Love Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment