Hello all
It's me, Elder Eborn, back for another half hour of email for the week.
This week has been pretty good I'm just working my tail off. I'm glad you got the pictures and sent it back so quick...thankyou. I am going to do some video for the next round! Oh and thank you SO much for the package! You have no idea how much that was needed. I really was in the need of some normal person food--those Dorito's were gone within the first 5 minutes I opened them--no joke. I also enjoyed the letter from my puppy I miss "brown dog".
So here's my week:
10 hours of sitting in class trying to learn as much russian as I can. We're learning a ton about the grammar and how to make words and sentences make sence it's pretty cool. My sentences are actual sentences not just jumbles of words thrown together with a hope that they make sense to someone. We've been speaking as much in Russian as we can which is pretty cool. I have been thinking in Russian which is trippy. I saw dan-the-ma while I was doing laundry and he started talking to me and I had to think and translate what he was saying into my Russian thinking brain, it took me like 3 minutes to tell him a few sentences in English it's pretty cool if you ask me! I've also been dreaming in russian which is cool too. Other than, when I wake up expecting to be in Russia and am super disappointed that I'm still in the MTC.
Elder Drasso "broke" his nose playing basketball this week. It didn't look broke but we still went to the clinic to get it checked out . We got to leave the MTC and go to a real hospital to get x-rays. That was exciting! I got to see real people that first names weren't Elder or Sister. We also had a member of our district Elder Hoffman get surgery on his knee. He had to get his ACL fixed before he can leave the country.
We've all been pulling as a district to help him and his companion. It's been fun helping.
With Elder Drasso and I being the Zone Leaders now we have alot of stuff we have to do on top of the regular. We've been busy holding meetings, and all sorts of stuff. The older districts all left yesterday and today, which meant we had to be up at 4:30 a.m. to see them off and check them out of their rooms it was a rough couple mornings. But it's been cool I got a sweet "Hugh Hephner" robe out of it haha.
We also have to go to a meeting with all the other Zone Leaders in our building and listen to them whine about stuff, ha it's pretty funny.
So here's my funny story for the week-- I was leaning up against the wall with foot up behind me reading my Book of Mormon when someone came and started to talk to me. I stopped reading and started snapping my fingers. One of the native russian sisters came up to me and in russian asked, " how much?" I was super confused. She then told me in English how in Russia if you aren't wearing a ring and snap your fingers like that you're a prostitute! So how much? I was so embarrassed LOL, oh well it was funny.
These last few mornings after getting up with the older Elders I try to get back to bed but most of the time I can't fall back asleep. It's a good time for me to just sit and think. A lot of my time here at the MTC, is directed and full of stuff to do. It's amazing what happens when you just take a few moments and think. I love it! I call it my pondering time. I think of things that have happend throughout the day and love how the spirit can influence me during that quiet time of reflective thinking. I am going to make sure I do that a lot more! Even if it's before I go to bed at nights.
Well fam, I love you all! Hope alls going well, I miss you like crazy! I hope you'll keep me in your prayers as you are always in mine!
I love being wearing this badge!
LOVE, ELDER EBORN
P.S. Mom now the ring is no longer a want but a NEED I can't be thought of as a prostitute!
2 comments:
Every country has it's odd little culutural quirks. Good to find them out before you're in Russia snapping your fingers. Funny! What a great young man JT is and how fortunate for the Russians that he's coming their way.
Hi Elder Tata Bug.Eborn I'm so happpy
that you are having these wonderful
experiences. I know that you enjoy
the treats your seet Mom sends you. I remember having someone take a pie to your Dad when he was
in the MTC. Grandpa and I are busy
at the Temple, which is a blessing in our lives. Time is going faster
than you think,you'll be heading
to Russia quicker than you think.
I know you and your companion are
leading the Elders you are over in
a good and righteous way.
Remember we love you and always pray for you.
Love, Grandma Iris
Post a Comment