Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Elder Lambson Goes Home

It is I,  ...once again from the amazing country that is Russia!

So you're probably wondering whats going on so here let me tell ya! :)


Elder Eborn and Elder Lambson

This week we had some sweet meetings and taught the gospel, like we missionaries do! This was Elder Lambson's very last week here in Russia, as I am typing he is on a plane back home.  If you want to get a hold of him which probably would be a good idea seeing as how he has my memory card with a bunch of sick (sick=cool) pictures on it and some other stuff that will remain secret until you receive it! It was sad to see him go and a little weird, not gunna lie. He had just finished his mission and I feel like I still  a long way to go.. but that's good because I will only be able to do this once and I wanna live it up!

We had this really cool meeting with an less active member who was a professional jazz pianst. Elder Lambson loves to play the piano and is amazing at it so they had like a "jam session" and the whole family came in and rocked out ha. I should have learned how to play the piano, mom why didn't you make me? Oh well, at the end of the meeting we asked if we could play a Hymn and we all sing together. It was so cool, the Spirit entered the room as we sang together and we then shared a spiritual thought on music and the gospel. The Father, said that he would be seeing me at church this Sunday! It was so cool. It's amazing how much music can enter our hearts and allow us to feel the spirit. Also, meeting with our nuclear physist who is awesome and wants to get baptized...it's been great missionary work here in Tomsk. We are working hard to find those who are ready to hear the gospel.

Yesterday, I went with Elder Froelich  http://tylerfroelich.wordpress.com/ and Elder Brightwell out to this city called Cloochy, it's like a little farm town about an hour and half outside of Tomsk. We took a bus and it dropped us off on the side of the road. There was a sign that just said Cloochy and an arrow pointing down a long road. So we set off walking and about an hour later we were at the house of an awesome family who they had been working with we shared a spiritual thought and headed off back down the road! It was cool I'll send some pictures when I figure out how.. Apparently, I can send them via email but I don't have a card reader/cameracord so we'll figure that out.

Today, and hopefully next week you'll have pictures from me and also from Elder Lambson. Oh you probably want to know about this next transfer, new comp and such so here ya go! Last friday I got a call from President Trejo. He told us that Elder Lambson was going home, and that I would be staying in Tomsk, and that my new companion would be Elder Hanson. I haven't met him yet he's on a train from Omsk to Novo right now and then he'll be on his way to Tomsk tomorrow. He has been out 2 transfers more than I, We will be the Green and Greener Companionship! It will be an adventure! So look forward to some interesting stories this next 6 weeks!

I love you all, I hope everything is well and you're having fun! The church is true, The Book of Mormon is the word of God and I know we have a prophet. I can't put it any better than what was said by Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan, "BE excellent to each other".

LIVESTRONG
ELDER EBORN

Grandma & Grandpa- Thanks For the Email! I can testify to the member's in missionary work thing! It makes all the difference! We try to get members in all of our meetings and we really need them for the retention of new members, if you have the opportunity to help them out, take it! Invite them over with there investigators for dinner or something because it really does help. Here in Tomsk, we have a great Branch and they try to help as much as they can. Well I love you, have a great week!

Mom and Dad - All is well here, I love you!  I always can't wait to hear from you next week! Have a wonderful week! Send my love to Megan, Maddie, Tanner, Gramm, and of course my brownest friend--Scout dog!

4 comments:

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

I am so excited to meet Elder Lambson, I just might show up at the airport to get my "sick" pictures of Russia.

Missing my missitonary tonight. I feel bad, he emailed earlier than usual, and I think he missed our letters this time.

meegz said...

Great letter. I finally emailed him this AM. he sounds like he's doing wonderful - -I'm sure the service being rendered here is helping to bless him as well. Good job Eborns!:)

Bart said...

Great e-mail. I know you miss him
and can't wait for the e-mails,that
is why we got a post office box in
Montpelier so we could get our
missionary letters first thing in the morning instead of waiting until the afternoon to be delivered. We are already seeing a
lot of growth in him, he is awesome. We love him so much, our
first grandchild and missionary, we
are truly blessed. If possible we
would like to see some of those
pictures also. Thanks for the blog,
it makes our Wednesday's so special. Love to you all,even Scout.

Love, Grandma Iris

terri said...

He sounds so good.Im so glad he is having success in Russia!but then we knew that was why he was going there to teach the ones the Lord has been preparing.I Love that boy.He is my Hero.Love you all so much thanks for all you do for me.I will be praying extra hard the next few weeks for our two greenies yikes Im glad the Lords in charge..

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones