So this week was much better so you all know. I apologize for the "negative nancy" that wrote you last week, Elder JT's back and we're good to go! We've been working hard here in Tomsk, Elder Lambson and I got every standard except for one last week. It was good this week we've made some goals that are going to push us big time and make us work REALLY hard. I told Elder Lambson, "I maybe a greenie, and I may not know the language very well, but I do know how to work, and thats what I'll do!" It's a good feeling when you come home from a long day of meeting with people and you take off the tie and lay down just exhausted. Elder Lambson said, thats when you know youre doing something right. There's a quote from someone (idk who) it is but it says, "if working hard isn't skill, then it is a great substitute.." so that's what were doing! Working hard and hoping things come together.
We've been meeting with investigators and some less active members most of which came to church on Sunday with us--which was really cool.
Easter in Russia is the bomb! You walk around the street and people say Translated, " Jesus is Risen!" and in reply you say, " Its True" it's a great way to talk to someone about the gospel. I carry a Book of Mormon around with me all the time and on marshutki people ask "what is that book?" or something and it is a great way to contact. Easter is great time to talk about the Book of Mormon, after all, it is another Testiment of Jesus Christ. People would say to us "Jesus was Risen!" and we would answer "Yes! and he came to the Nephites!" :) We had some good discussions about it and got some people who were interested in the Book of Mormon, we were like, "I guess we could give you a free copy... and perhaps ETERNAL SALVATION!! we had some fun."
You had some snow back home in Utah huh?
Spring in Russia ....there is so much snow and it's all melting and there are giant puddles everywhere and it's just wet/cold. I'm contemplating buying some boots today. My slip on shoes are to slick and I eat it on the ice (don't laugh Tanner). Like no joke, it's bad so the only shoes I wear are the other ones but, I will see what happens. This may sound weird, but I am falling in love with Russian Mayo. Russians like to eat everything with either mayo or sour cream. I don't really understand why, but I decided to have what are called Pelmini (they're like Russian potstickers--idk what are in them (I don't know if I want to know) with some Mayo and well it was delicious! So I've been trying more things with it. Blini (like Crepes) are also amazing. They sell them everywhere, I think I've told you about them but mmm I love Blini :).
Well I hope all is well at home thank you all for the emails!
They mean a lot to me-especially last week.
I love you all keep me in your prayers, as you are always in mine.
LiveSTRONG
Elder Eborn
Tanner- You goober, I'm already super jealous of those games. Well this way you'll have them all for me when I get home haha. That sounds like a sweet idea career wise, but if you really want and edge with it you should think about serving a mission. Learning a language will put you leaps and bounds a head of people in that field plus this really is SO legit! I love you Bro, have fun at prom and send me some pics I need to see you in this tux!
Grandma and Grandpa E- Thanks for the email! Things are going good I just had a bad week, we get to watch conference on Saturday and Sunday this week so I'm looking forward to that :) I love you! and I hope all is well!
The girls- I love ya Sisters!
Scout- love ya puppy
6 comments:
Thank you everyone for your love and support of our Elder. He sounds more like our JT this week, and I am sure he is having fun. JT always has fun and does know how to work hard.
Sigh---this mom feels better now.
Man, that Elder can get over the hicups really fast. Great letter, Now we can go to the temple and really concentrate on our work.
Thanks Rene, for getting this up so fast.
I can relate on that slipping on the ice thing. In Canada the snow never melts and you walk on ice all winter (Russia...same thing:)) I lived with bruised hips for two winters because I was vain and had to wear my doc martin Mary Janes...so cute...but VERY slick! I vote for the boot purchase JT!
So glad to hear a better tone -- although, I have to admit, I was okay with his last email - -what GREAT growth can come from those struggles.
I LOVE reading his emails -- I'd better be a better aunt and write him soon.
THanks!
He is sounding good, more positive.
Ofcourse, there is to be some hard times and frustrations. He has a great attitude and super support. Thanks for sharing . We love him and are grateful for his example.
He sounds good. I knew he would. And believe me Sister Eborn - its gets better. Just bask in each email and be amazed at the great work your son is doing in such an amazing place. I just know that he is going to do amazing things over the next 2 years!!
Sounds like you are doing great, JT! I knew you would! We are sooooo PROUD of you!
Post a Comment