Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doing Good | It's What We Do

So things here are good I've had a great week! I only have one card to play in this game they call the mission so I play it often. Work. I am loving it! We had another kick butt week last week teaching over 20 lessons and getting 2 baptisimal dates! and as of yesterday we actually got 1 more! So May 8th there will be a baptismal service at the Tomsk Branch building.  I am stoked. It will be such a neat experience. It is such an amazing thing to be able to help people learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ and see them realize that this is what they need in their life. It's what we all need. One individual getting baptized told us that on our first meeting he had the option to ditch out on us and go see a concert that wasn't very good concert. He said that he felt like what he needed in his life was what we had to offer. Another one we've been working with told us that everything we had been teaching just makes sense ( he is acutally an academic). What dad said was very true though, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink it" but when they do it sure does feel good!

This week thus far has been good to we've got a lot of stuff planned that will keep us busy. I find myself often using what I've learned from you (my parents) about organization and about keeping a clean house LOL. It's just much easier to leave home when you don't have to worry about coming home to it dirty!

Conference was awesome. We got to watch it on Saturday and Sunday via 15 inch monitor in the family history library of the branch building. 6 missionaries, and one investigator crowded around a little computer screen and we still felt the spirit like crazy! Can I just say how cool Prez Monson is?! In the MTC we had a saying, "Hot Dog! We got a Prophet!"  It's true our Prophet really is called of God. In a meeting after a session with an investigator. He told us how impressed he was with our prophet and what he said. (this investigator now has a Baptismal date). Conference was really amazing needless to say. But you all saw it 2 weeks ago so yeah.

If I haven't told you yet there are pigeons everywhere here! And I have made it a goal to pull a "Ryan Smith". I've got 2 years and I think this will be a possiblity!

Now mom for your questions... ·
  • What is the place like that you are living in? Clean/Safe? We live in an apartment in Southern Tomsk on the 7th floor. It's one of the nicest apartments in the mission.·
  • Do you have enough warm bedding? I am plenty warm. The buildings are often SUPER HOT. And the 0 to -10 weather feels amazing after a night of sweating.·
  • Do you have a washer/dryer? How are you cleaning your clothes? We have a washing machine that takes about an hour and a half to wash a load of clothes and then we hang them in our apartment to dry them. Apartments are tiny and there is no room for dryers so they don't have them.·
  • What is your daily schedule? Daily schedule is as such. 630 - 700: wake up and work out, I can't run(which is killing me) so I do push ups and situps and stuff. 700-800 showers and breakfast 8-9 personal study where i read my scriptures and study the gospel. It's the da bomb. 9-10 Companion study. Elder Lambson and I come together and share what we learned in personal and plan out what were going to teach. 10-11 Language study. I learn and practice what I need to know in order to teach our lesson in Russian. I also get an extra hour a day for language study for the 1st 2 months here in Russia but we hardly ever do it we're to busy. So from 11-9 we go out and do missionary work! We teach lessons to investigators and members. Contact and go about doing good! It's what we do. From 9-10 we plan out our next day make phone calls to our investigators and those we want to meet with then get ready for bed( which is much needed) then we're in bed by 1030 resting for another day of work!And thats my day. ·
  • Did you buy new boots? I decided to be tough and just go without for the time being
  • Do you have everything you need? I'm fine mom :)
  • Can you email us pictures? We'll figure something out. I'm sending a cd home with Elder Lambson when he leaves on the 28th so you'll get some soon. Email here is weird so I don't how to get you pictures yet.·
  • Have you had any encounters with the Government with paperwork etc? How does it go?·Nope but I'm pretty sure I met some mafia guys.
  • What is a good memory you have of Uncle Boone? I remember when Uncle Boone came and picked us up in Rawlins, Wyoming ...just remember how happy I was that he brought us back.

Sorry time is getting kind of short so the format of the email is probably skewompas. I love you all thank you for your letters and support! I gotta get back to work. Keep me in your prayers and I'll keep you in mine!

LIVESTRONG Elder Eborn

Megan- Yeah Hitler did not have style when it came to moustaches lol.

Grandma and Grandpa - Elder Holland is a stud! We heard quite a few talks from him while we were in the MTC and he knows how to lay it on thick! I love it. I hope you are having a good time and enjoying Spring. It'll get here sooner or later. I've been told that in the summer the sun comes up at about 4 in the morning and goes down around 1230-1 oclock! I'm not in Kansas any more! I love you Thanks for the Email

4 comments:

Dan Weston said...

JT!! You Da MAN!! Stay strong and know that we love and support ya!
I too remember that trip from Sheridan to Rawlings!! I didn't know my truck could do 110 mph the whole way there!!

Bart said...

Thanks for getting this up so fast Rene, We've been down in Midway for a little mini-vacation, but we couldn't leave until we got our word about JT and what he's doing in Tomsk.

I think Dan had an angel riding shotgun on that trip.

Mindy said...

Great email. He sounds good - all settled in and working hard. I see that the questions at the end of the email is working for ya. I'm glad. Take care!!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Yes. Thanks for that advice. He answered all the questions.

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones