Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Knowing What Your Suppose To Do

Here's the letter I sent last week that you didn't get.  Another week here in GOOD Ol' Siberia! Gotta love it :) I am so happy to be here---you have no idea, even if it is May, and it still snows! It just comes with getting called to the biggest, coldest, hardest mission there is I guess!

We had an interesting week but we worked hard and had some fun that for sure. Last Friday was the bomb, we worked so hard and got a participated in a ton of meetings. We met with a group of investigators as well as less active members. It was great I felt like I was really doing missionary work and earning my name tag!

Then Saturday came, and everything went down hill... we couldn't get a meeting set up to save our lives, also Elder Hansen and Elder Whittchurch were kind of sick so they weren't all that gung ho about what I wanted to do. We went and found some members and then went to sports night which was super fun!

It was probably the only thing that held Saturday together from being a horrible day. We met a whole bunch of members, as well investigators and people from English who came out and we played ULTIMATE FRISBEE! (speaking of which if you could send me one of those as well as an american football, and pump I would greatly appreciate it!) It was so much fun running around and playing around. I've missed playing around like that. Memories of Danny and I playing glow in the dark Frisbee came back and I got a little home sick. I wanted to have everyone else here with me playing and having fun.

I really missed my family too.

We had a good Sunday too. We met with an less active member who really liked cars.  I asked him if he liked cars. but you see the word cars and the word men are very similar and I actually asked him if he liked men ha. That was interesting he gave me this look like what did you just ask me?! I quickly corrected my error by pointing at the pictures of the cars and said like those? Luckily, he laughed and called me an American---that was a close one.

We've had a few meetings where people decided to be less kind, and totally ditch us too.. that was a bit of a bummer. One such meeting was suppose to happen yesterday and we went to meet him at his dad's work and he wasn't there but his dad was and he was with a bunch of his buddies gambling and doing all sorts of things that anyone would definetly not want to have the missonaries see you do. He got mad at us and started yelling. Elder Hansen got upset and wouldn't say anything in Russian so I quickly apologized for disturbing him and we left. It's kind of a sad thing when you see people who really do know what they are suppose to do and chose to not follow it.  Everyone has their agency to choose either liberty and life, or captivity in death like it says in 2 Nephi 2:27.

I just wish I could help people choose to the good one! I guess that is why I am here and what I need to do though, is to let people know their options and allow them to make their own decisions! Like dad said, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.

Well I love you all. I hope all is well and hope that you're having fun being safe and having fun doing it!!
 I love you all!



LIVESTRONG,
ELDER EBORN



Mom & Dad - Hey Parents! Sounds like you've had quite the week. I think when I get home in a couple years I want to work at camp for the summer and live in a hammock doing high adventure for one last summer before I have to grow up. But we'll see. I've had dreams about it out here, but everyone speaks Russian in them for some reason. I am doing good, running every morning, and working hard.

Everyone here has commented that it seems like I don't stop. The members say all I've done since I got to Tomsk is work. I tell them the same thing I use to tell you when you were concerned I was doing too much. "I can sleep when I am dead"! I love you, thanks for your support. If you could send me some efy cd's that would be nice and we can have hymns and efy music! Also, I sent some more pictures I hope it worked.

No comments:

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones