Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do Your Best...Let the Lord Do the Rest

SHALOM FAMILY!! Wow, it was so good to hear from you on Sunday! I have missed you all like crazy and it was good hearing from you all.

I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day (Mom, Gramm, Grandma Iris, All my lovely Aunts).

Here in Tomsk, we took a taxi to church and then had to come straight home so we wouldn't run into trouble (it was Victory Day in Russisa).  My talk went well, I spoke on enduring to the end and I used the example of running a race with some scriptures (ha it was understandable...ish... ha) but people afterwards came and told me how I have improved so much since I got here. So either I am getting better or people are just too nice to me! So we got home after that and made some food, and then watched mission approved movies since we were to stay in the apartment all day.  We watched Miracle and The Ten Commandments it was an interesting night, Elder Hansen and I both had a good time and laughed way hard.

Anyway, what else here is new? hmm oh I don't remember if I told you that Elder Scott from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles is coming to Novo in June and we get to go and see him which will be cool.  In addition, the other day I got a call from our ZL's and apparently it has gotten down the line that Elder Hansen and I have been teaching a nuclear physicist.   It has gotten so far down the line in fact that Elder Richard G. Scott would like to have a meeting with him when he comes.  Wow! I can't wait for our friend to return from his buisness trip and to give him the news!

Like I mentioned in our call, we had zone conference this week in Novo with Barnaul, Novo, and Tomsk missionaries ..so we had like 30 missionaries there it was really good. We talked about finding new people to teach and how that has been the weakness for our mission and how to work on it. It was great a big boost of energy ...zone conference helps carry you through the next little bit.  I  got all excited to go and talk to people ---it was fun. However, the bus ride home how ever was the worst experience ever... I sat there in my chair for nearly 5 hours trying to hold back vomit---I was sick..  I told my story of how I threw up on Mikelle Kap (I did it like 3 times over the years... poor Mikelle) it was a good time minus the whole sick part. The roads here in Russia are bumpy and the people drive super fast and it's basically like a roller coaster.

Well Mom, my black suit is falling apart dang Mr Mac. I'm just hoping I can make it to hump day without having to go to only one suit. But it's getting warm enough to go with only slacks! It's been wonderful. It's weird one day it'll be like 28 degree's and the next like -10! I guess that's just Siberia in May for ya.

SO we have a member here in Tomsk who has a wife and a little boy, his wife is not a member and was kind of not favorable regarding the Church, but she finally agreed to meet with us. We had a wonderful meeting with them and I could just see them being a strong family within the Church---there was nothing I wanted more than that. We taught as best as we could and let the Lord do the rest, I'm pretty sure she felt the Spirit I know I could. It was a great meeting and we have another with them tomorrow and I am very excited! I really hope that we can help her to understand how important this is and how much it will strengthen their family. I just think of our family and how we are.... and I just want them to be able to have what we have. Goodness I love being a missionary!  I've only got like 19 more months to wear this badge..it has seemed so long, yet so short at the same time.

Well, I love you all and hope all is well.
I'll write to you next week! :)

LIVESTRONG
ELDER EBORN

Tanner- Happy birthday big guy! Sorry a little delayed but don't worry you'll be getting some legit presents from me in a few years! Have fun, play hard, and don't do anything stupid!

Mom & Dad - The garden looks great!  You look like you're having a lot of fun and things are going good at home. I  miss you all and home. Keep Running and eventually we'll be at the Finish! :) Oh yeah!  I bought a card reader today and so next week I'll have figured out how to send you some sweet action pictures.

Oh you asked for a list of things I need/want...
Chocolate, Peanutbutter, Reeses peanutbutter cups, a Yo-Yo ( don't ask why hee hee) some fun games like Catch Phrase, UNO, and such.  The games help with teaching English classes.
Propel powder, and  always.....your LOVE!

THE GIRLS- Hey sister's! love ya, keep on, keepin on!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Yep, I have shipped lots of peanut butter and Reese cups to that side of the world:) He sounds absolutely great!

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

JT had a good friend from our South Weber days.... he grew up with named Mikelle Kapp. The were totally good friends. Over the years, it seemed whenever JT was sick (at school, on the bus, etc). Each time, he always nailed Mikelle! Poor girl. She always took care of him though.

Bart said...

It is surprising what they miss when they are far away from home. Ever had a craving for a peanut butter sandwich?
JT sounds like he is doing great. He has the right attitude.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart

Alecia&Kaylee said...

Oh my gosh... he looks great!! But it still made me cry!!! LOL! so don't think I don't look at this sometimes... I just cry when I think of him all the way over there...so I'll browse once in awhile!!! LOL!

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones