Another week here in Omsk is down, and I've got some news yesterday morning while Elder Espinoza and I were getting some lunch ready before we took off for the day, we got a phone call from President Trejo, it was very unexpected due to the fact that zone conference is on Friday and also because we would normally get our transfer calls at the end of the transfer which is also Friday. He called us and he let us know that I would be getting a new companion next week sometime and that Elder Espinoza would be leaving tommorrow, which is now today for Novosibirsk where he will be serving as an office Elder. It's super weird so I'm going to be companionless for a week. There is a recent convert here in our branch that is super pumped for a mission and is going to go on a mini mission next transfer that will be with me until next week.
So it will be me with an 17 year old Russian kid during the day for the next week. But you know me! Always up for an adventure :). I remember when I had Sergey from Tomsk with me for a couple days while Hansen was in Finland and how interesting that was lol. We'll see what happens. Maybe I can help him get a little bit more excited and help him understand what missionary work is about. I've only been a missionary about 8 months, my Russian's not perfect, and I'm still trying to figure out what and how to do this work. I will keep at it and by golly I am going to have some fun doing it!
Any way... Things are good here, we're working hard trying to help people here. We actually had a Stake Patriarch from Provo, who is a Russian literature professor at BYU, come to Omck and give them their Patriachal Blessings. It was way cool to be able to help some of the member's who were wanting to recieve them, prepare and hear some of their experiences. I remember a couple months ago when we found out he was coming we started trying to get people pumped about recieving it. The story of Lehi finding the liahona stood out in my mind."It was a ball of curious work"... and it helped guide them through the wilderness working by their faith. And that is exactly what a patriachal blessing is.... like President Monson said in the Liahona, They are our "personal Liahonas". I remember when I got mine and I started thinking about chocolate cake and then Brother Bankhead says, " and God know's the very thoughts in your mind..." I am so glad our Heavenly Father has a sense of humor :). The members here were so excited when Patriarch Browning was in our branch meeting sunday. They had us all line up in the back of the chapel and take a picture with him lol
I don't think I've told you yet, but Omck is what is called the cosmos of the mission due to the fact that everything that can happen, will happen ha..... it's the place in the mission where the strangest things happen an I can attest to that! But I love it Elder Espinoza bought a new jacket the other week, and he asked the man what kind of leather it was, the man smiled and said the fur is 100 % wolf, but the leather is from dogs. ha man you have no idea how hard I laughed! We're still trying to find new people to meet with, our one investigator is the only one we've got and he has been investigating the church for nearly 8 years. So we'll keep looking!
I met an in active family yesterday who has a 19 year old son named Sasha, he's huge, like just completely ripped, when I asked him what he liked to do he said, "I wrestle" ha I was like dude!!!'. We hit it off and had a cool conversation.
Well, thats all I have got this week. I am not dead yet!
I love you all.
Thank's for your support, and keep me in you're prayers.
liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn
Mom - Hey momma :) Thanks for the pictures and the update about Am. Sounds like you had a fun time in Vegas even if Megan was a little disgusted for the lack of self respect people had for themselves. We'll just keep her out of Russia (just kidding) I haven't got you're package yet but then again it's been 6 weeks since any one came from Novo so we'll see what President brings with him tomorrow. Well mommy I love you, thanks for everything. Send my love to the kids and to everyone! Man I miss my puppy.
Badger - Hey Pops, Just wanted to wish you luck on the race this weekend. I miss running with ya dad. have fun and run hard.
Tanner -Dude, Um I'm expecting letter regarding your latest doings.... I miss ya bro!! How's life as the big man on campus?
1 comment:
Once again, thanks for the update. I write him a note every Sunday and glad he keep us posted without having to take time to write us personally. He is doing what the Lord wants him to do and is growing strong in the process.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment