Hey there, it's me again, and man I am super tired. This week has been rather rough ...not going to lie.
We had Zone Conference this last Friday, and well it was not what I was hoping for. It seemed to me that everything talked about was stuff that I had already figured out this last transfer. The assistants kind of ticked me off and my mini missionary made me want to pull all my hair out and just go run away. Don't get me wrong, I had a great talk with President Trejo, my interview was way good and I felt good about what I am doing after it. Something President told me has been running through my mind all week though, he was kind, he talked about how I was one of the missionaries he didn't worry about and that he knew I would do the work, an did get done what I needed to here... on this mssion. He stopped and looked at me and said, "The Lord's expecting great things out of you Elder Eborn". I hope that can live up to it. This was a hard week.
After Zone Conference we got our transfer assignments, I will be here in Omsk for another 6 weeks and will be with Elder Birtcher. It'll be way cool I am excited, I've met Elder Birtcher before (last time I was in Finland) so it'll be fun. This week, I wasn't alone (mom don't worry). As different as my mission is from the rest of the world, as long as I am not traveling, I am always with some one. I was with a mini missionary who, well he's got a lot to learn about what it means to be a missionary and how to treat people. It was a pretty stressful week with him, he told me I wasn't doing missionary work the right way and that I was a horrible missionary, yet he wouldn't study, and if we had a meeting with someone who actually needed some help he would get all upset and try to find some way out. He's got a lot to learn about service. We had one meeting and after, I was feeling very confident about my skills with the language, and I walked out smiling we had a great meeting with a family and my mini looks at me super mad and tells me that I was the most un understandable missionary he's met, and that I'll never learn Russian. It made me sad...it was rough, last night we sent him on a train to Novokuznetz where he'll serve a 6 week mini mission with a full time missionary, and everyone kept asking me why I looked upset....and he says, "he's just mad because I'm a much better missionary than he is". I didn't think missionary work was a competition...ok, sorry .. I am done complaining about my week with my mini.
I am with Elder Petersen right now he's the ZL here and last night we had to go pick up someone for the trainstation at like 2:30 in the morning, and we called for a taxi and they wouldn't take us. (I will explain Russian customer service another time) and so Elder Petersensays, " what should we do? We need to be there in 45 minutes, and I looked up at him and smiled, saying, " let's run..." . run to the trainstation ha. It was 10 kilometers from their apartment and man I tell you... sometimes you just need to run.
It was such a good feeling to get to the trainstation! When we met the sister that came in to just be drenched with sweat and grime having my lungs burning, my legs sore with the feeling of a good run. It was so good.
We got home and some of the stress and the bad feelings I had the pastweek were gone, I felt just amazing I opened my scriptures when I got home, I kind of felt bad about running to the trainstation, we probably should have done something different to get there, so I sat down opened my scriptures (still feeling down)and read the verse in 2 Nephi which says, "but thus saith the Lord, I will contend with them that contendeth with thee..." its on page 69.but after I read that I just knelt down and thanked my father in heaven and prayed. A lot of time I feel like I just need to do everything I can possible do in order to help someone here, to be the very best missionary I can be, and sometimes it's so much harder than I ever thought it would be. But in that instant I caught a glimpse of how much he really does loves me (loves us). He know's each and everyone of us and he knows what we need.
I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who blesses us with tender mercies just when we need them the most. Sorry, this was not like a super missionary email. But yeah, it's life. I love you all, and I am so grateful for the support and love you all give me, there's a lot to do here, and I need to get back to work, these people don't know what they could have, and they won't unless I let them know (even if I can't say it perfect or don't do it all right) what else is out there.
liveSTRONG,Elder Eborn
Mom - Hey mommy ....ha so I got a package this week when President Trejo came but it wasn't from you lol. Am sent me some reeses peanutbutter cups and pictures of their trip to nauvoo. So nope I havent got it yet, but the ZL's are going to Novo this week and we'll see what we bring back. I am doing fine though, I will be in Finland next Wednsday so if you want to write me I will be taking care of all my pday stuff Tuesday which means email then. I love ya mommy :) Thanks for everything.
Dad - No worries if their is anything that is that scary I will let you know, there hasn't been anything major that's happen....I mean I got mugged at the Layton Hills Mall and I haven't had any problems here yet. So no worries. Love ya pops, Run hard.
Tannner - Dude that is so sick! I can't believe you're a senior, I will let you know the location to the secret room but you've first gotta earn it by doing something freaking BAMF. ..not illegal, Just BAMF. Let me know how things are and keep me updated! Tell Andersen, and all them I say "whats up".ha. oh and find out if anyone of the guys's like Kyle and Deven and them are getting ready to come out ....yet or not. love ya Broski.
Amber - Hey missy :) I went into my interview with President Trejo last Friday and he holds up this little box, and asks me, "Elder Eborn, Who is Amber? " ha man it was so funny. I can't thank you enough for the package.
Grandma & Grandpa Eborn - Hey, I know I haven't written you back in a while, but I wanted to let you guy's know that I love you :) and I am very grateful for you're example and you're love :) thanks for everything... Love your Taterbug
3 comments:
I have to say, it is hard to be a parent and watch your children experience some of the hard things in life.
I feel like with the Back to School and this letter like I just want to move to New Fork and protect my kids from it all. But, I guess I can't.
Wish I could though.
Love my Missionary.
bless our missionary Heavenly Father.He is such a good person..and I bet he speaks better Russian than any of us .
JT is having some experiences that are sometimes a little tough, on him and and his mom, and for that matter on most of the rest of us, but he is dealing with them as they come and making the most out of them. It's what we are here for. JT is not one to let things get him down. He knows the real source of his strength. And he is right, agood run does a body (and a mind) good.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment