Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wrestling Before the Lord | Setting Goals

Dear Fam!
How are things going at home?

I hope all is well. The picture of Tanner coming out of the water was way sick! Man I want go swimming way bad. We have a big river that divides the city in half and we have to cross over this big bridge a couple times a week to get to the branch, they always have boats out on the river, and one day there was a ski boat pulling a water weinie! Man and in close to 90 odd degrees outside makes me want to go play in the water! But can't.  Also, this morning we went to get our weekly groceries and I asked where the cheese was located and they lady asked me if I was here to run in the marathon that is on Saturday... man winter had better come quick so I can get those thoughts out of my head!

Last week-- was... well it was a rough week for us, we didn't get a lot of people to meet with. I hit an all time low number of meetings last week with only four. They were all with active members of the church... I felt bad.. Friday though the ZL's got back from Novo and had some news for us! Missionary work will be recieving a revolution!

Next month the First Presidency and Missionary department are coming out with a new set of things to help us improve our missionary work, and I'm stoked about it! Also, we got a message from President Trejo. It was interesting because I had actually been thinking a lot about it before President told us this. It was about goals. I don't know if I told you all, but on the Train to Omsk I'd been thinking a lot about what I wanted to accomplish here this transfer and what I wanted to do. I had a lot of ideas but nothing really stood out to me.

Then we recieved this message from President Trejo, he told us that we should have all sorts of Goals. including Goals for what we want in life. Alot, of what were doing right now will carry on with us the rest of our lives and we need to figure out what we need to do in order to achieve these goals. I was thinking about what I wanted for my new area, what I want to accomplish in these next 16 months, and what I want in my life.

The main point that President said though, was that no matter our goals, we need to involve the Lord in them, and then depending on how hard we work at it we will achieve anything we want. It caused me to reflect a lot on what my goals are. I did, as it talks about in the scriptures, some ,"wrestling before the Lord" and I think I've got some ideas of what I want to do with my area to get it where I would like it  to be. My area is kind of dead, but I think I am here for a reason and I've got some work.

I love you all!

Sorry this week is kind of short, I will to include some funnier stories next time ;) Man Russia makes me laugh and smile.   I love these people to death.


liveSTRONG
Elder Eborn



Mom - Hey momma :) All's good here I will answer your questions.
  • Elder Espinoza is a great guy, he's in the Army Reserves and is from Logan, Utah.  Originally he lived just down the hill from the Temple most his life but now his family lives in Cedar City. He'll get up and work out with me and even run's every other day with me. So yeah, he's a good guy. Great with the language. 
  • The apartment's fine, um there's a bed and a shower I've lived in worse so no worries.
  • Christmas Ideas?.... Well I wouldn't mind a new watch my dive watch broke (wrestling) (i won) (maybe a cool Sunto watch ;) and some new socks. Russian washing machines are like death to clothes!
I love you mommy :)



Danny - Elder Mueller! Hey big guy, just wanted to say "Shalom!" Love ya big guy.

2 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

My favorite part of this letter is ' I love you mommy'. Bring tears. What a good boy to tell his mommy that.

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

That is my favorite part too!

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones