Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How Great Will Be Your Joy

SHALOM!
So I am kind of like in awe that you guy's all start school next week! It seems like yesterday I got an email saying the summer was getting into full swing! Man if time starts going any faster I'll be home before I know it!

First of all I got an email today from Tomsk letting me know that the individual who Elder Hansen and I had been teaching is now a baptized and confirmed member of the Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-Day Saints! I am so excited to hear that! Man you've got no idea. I was not able to see him get baptized. However, knowing that I was able to help some one come a little closer to Christ makes it all worth it :)  It says in D&C "How great will be your joy if you brought but one soul unto Christ. I don't know how to explain how I feel, but it's amazing. I'll see if they can send some pictures of the baptism for next week.

Second thing, I am pretty much set for winter! Last week after I got finished talking to you all, I went to what is called the REENOK it's basically a giant swap meet type thing but it's where you buy stuff, like there are food reenok's and all sorts of them around. but any way, I went and was looking at Shapki, (Russian furry hats) and I found one I really liked, I think it's mink fur---oigh...Elder Espinoza and I purchased one and it's sick!  HA! Every night I've put it on and walked around the house in it with my earflaps down, and my sick new winter coat! Tree huggers would probably shoot me! In Siberia you really don't have a choice, everything has animal fur on it.  We went to the Savage Store and got my jacket on sale for like 50% off. It's super legit :) I've still got some stuff to pick up but I will do it later in the season. (I will be warm mom ;))

So this week we've been working hard and trying to meet up with some people and trying to find new investigators, it's been great being back with my companion, in my area. I am ready to get the left bank of Omsk on fire again!

I don't know what my deal is.... but, when I find my self working against hard stuff it makes me all the more excited! We've been working with some of the local Church leadership in order to achieve our goal which is 17+ quality baptisms by the end of the year for the city of Omsk, it's going to be way tough, but I'm up for it. We've got to work hard to get this and it's going to start with finding new people to teach. We all came to the conclusion though that we all need to be more loving, including the member's of the branches here,
The Lord isn't going to help us find the elect people if we are not ready to recieve them. So we're going to work with the member's and be prepared...man I love missionary work!  Russian is coming, I'm still not 100% but, I can tell you, that I can now hold my own in meetings, as well as just talking on the street lol. I am going for gold, satisfactory is never enough, I can do better and I know it. I've just got to work hard.

WELL... I dont know what else to tell ya, I'm doing good, the weather is getting colder, the day's are getting shorter, I am not dead, (yet ) AND I love you all!
Thank you for your support and all you do to help me!
I could not do this with out you!

liveSTRONG!
Elder Eborn!!

Gramm - Happy Birthday!! I love ya Gramm :)

Tanner - Ha Big man on campus huh? Dude! I can't believe you're a Senior! You're going to have a blast, Ha mom told me about your little deal with the schedule thing and how Andersen came and took care of ya. Tell her and everyone hi from me! Work hard, and play even harder! Love ya bud. see ya in a few months lol.

Megan - No way You are on the Jr. High Volleyball team!! Man you rock hardcore, I always knew my sisters were rock stars! Play hard and have fun :)

Mom & Dad - hey :) I love you guys and just wanted to tell you thank you foreverything, I've really noticed how much I've learned from you both being out here. Just this week I made Elder Espinoza and I  Do a "Rene Clean "on our apartment lol. Any ways I love you :) Thanks for everthing :)

4 comments:

Bart said...

Good news from Siberia. We love heaing of his work and feeling his spirit. He is doing what he is supposed to do and feeling the joy that is a part of it.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

So, for those of you wondering there is super clean, then there is what my entire family calls "Rene Clean" I have seemed to teach my kids to be freaky clean and organized.

Oh dear...

Nancy said...

I think I will send my kids over for a lesson in "Rene clean" I often tell them "make it look like I did it"!!!

Candice Eborn said...

We miss you and pray for your well being every day.

Keep on being a great example for all those who know you.

Colorado Eborns

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones