Hello!
So getting a phone call from dad was a little unexpected at 1:30 In the morning last week. lol but any ways, I wrote President Trejo about it seeing as how he already knew via you guys. I hope everything will be alright.....I am little nervous I might lose my Christmas Call because of it, but we'll see. Ha mom might not be to happy about having to wait untill May to hear from me but, if that's what happens.... then that is what'll happen.
This week has been good, just working hard trying to get this whole peoplewanting to except the gospel thing rolling! ha but what can ya do, we all have agency and get to choose for ourselves. We've been getting a lot of little project-like things rolling here. Trying to get new ways of finding people. We started a Strengthening the Family Program that the senior couple here leads on Tuesdays and doing a lot of contacting trying to find new people lol it's fun. I enjoy talking to people and ithelps my Russian when I speak with Russians on the street lol. Alot of funny experiences, thats for sure lol.
We talked to the branch president about doing an end of summer bbq or something for the branch to invite in actives, and some investigators too and yesterday he told me that I am in charge of it and that he'll buy the food and take care of all the cooking...but, I am in charge of the agenda. We're going to do it Saturday so we'll see what happens. I have some planning and stuff to take careof for this to work out. thats kind of how Russians work, there isn't a lot of planning that goes into anything. it's alot of quick thrown up jobs that for some reason or another seem to come together. I will have to pull a play out of the old JT and Danny hand book and "just wing it" and be flexible.
So we had English last night and a young guy was there and after we finished story time and spiritual thought, he asked Elder Birtcher and I, if we had a few minutes to talk to him. It was way cool. he actually has heard from the missionaries before but he kind of told them off and thathe didn't want to meet any more. He asked me how I found out about the Church and how I obtained my testimony. It was such a good meeting. I told him about how the gospel has blessed my family, and me in my life and how I know that he could find out for himself. he said that he felt something andthat he wanted to keep meeting with us. It's amazing, while I was talking to him, I stopped and realized that I was actually speaking Russian and it was all understandable lol. I couldn't believe it! Man it was amazing!! Littlemiracles every day thats for sure.
Well sorry this letter's short, next week will be better, i hope. lol I love you all! Thanks for everything!
liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn.
Mom & Dad - hey :) Havent got the card... yet but we check the mail everyday. Hopefully it comes and if not we'll see what happens ha. I confessed to Prez Trejo too. Gotta repent... I guess all part of becoming better. I was thinking of stuff I wanted for Christmas... and I want a copy of the Transiberian Orchestra cd lol. it would be sick if you could send me that :) love you guys.
Lorin - whats up first love! ha good to hear from you , sounds like things are going good for you. when is your roomies friends leave for the mtc? ha he might be here soon! who know's maybe I will be his trainer. any ways, send my love to Taryn, Whit, and all Gotta run saving lives and all!
Tanner - so let's hear the story about how you found the room big guy lol.
Sisters - miss you guys! :) Be excellent to each other!
4 comments:
I better not miss my Christmas Call! Or Elder Eborn will be getting a airplane ticket home in the mail next! ;) (jk)
FYI - It was all fine, we had to mail JT some important financial doc's.
Here is how my conversation with Jason went:
Jason calls me at work and says: “I just talked to our boy” and I was like, “Tanner?” and he replies, no “JT”.
Silence: I got so mad at him that I hung up on him.
LOL He calls back and I avoid his call for like 10-15 minutes until I cooled down.
He rings back, “Did you hang up on me?” he asks. I lie, “Noooo, Me? Not just a bad connection” ….
Later that evening, I am in bed, and I confessed. Told him, "I lied, I am sorry I did hang up on you. I was just so mad he didn’t wait for me!"
We finally (after like 3 days way too late) heard back from Pres Trejo.
Oh the excitment of having a son on mission in Siberia. ;) Can you imagine Jason's pain if I miss my call during the Holiday b/c of this. LOL
He'll call. Don't worry. But they do try to encourage obedience to the mission rules. If one gets calls and the rest don't it can cause major problems. I'm sure you can see that. We all miss our JT/Taterbug, but he's where he should be doing what he's supposed to do.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
I'll pray that you get your Christmas call!!!! Otherwise I will fear for Jason's life. lol:) I think I'd of done more that just hang up on him!!!!
Post a Comment