Another e-mail from Sibieria for ya'll, sound's like you are all getting ready for a sweet Halloween. I think this year I am going to go as a missionary (Ha! Maybe we'll switch nametags and go as each other) it's not like being home that's for sure, I've been way homesick this week. Probably due to the fact, that Elder Drasso loves his family tons too and we have been talking about home, but it's been good. We've been having fun and things have been working out. We're getting a long, I guess it's kind of a good thing to be trunky because if you weren't it means you didn't have much to look forward to back home. So in short, I'm looking forward to coming home and seeing you all :) BUT I've still got a long way to go, so we'll not get to far ahead of ourselves, there's still 14 months ahead of me here in Siberia and I love doing what I am.
I am expecting some sweet pictures from Halloween next week ha, we're having a Halloween party in English club Friday so that should be way fun. Gunna make some rootbeer!! Oh, I bought a new hat... Elder Nelson and I were walking around on the reenok (basically a swap meet type place) he's training a greeny and he needed to by some winter clothes so we went together, and I found a hat that is called a shlappa in
Russian but I think it's called a Fedora in English idk for sure. but any ways, we talked the guy down on the price and we bought them ha. if you go outside without a hat on in October, you'll get a swift swat upside the head from a babushka ha. So if I have to wear a hat I am gunnna get a fun one so we got them ha and well when I wear it with my suit and tie and my leather gloves and palto, I look like mafia ha. it's way fun,( it's actually been pretty effective for contacting too, people come up and talk to me ha). I will send some pictures next week.;)
So this week was very productive as far as the missionary work goes, we found 3 new investigators and had some awesome meetings with Artiom, he's doing awesome. He's getting closer and closer to baptism and I think he can feel it as well.
Yesterday, we had a meeting and talked about the Atonement, and how it is a free gift to all that accept it. I love the verse in 2 Nephi 25:23, "it's is by mercy that we are saved, after all we can do" the all we can do involves our willingness to accept Christ and his Gospel. To do the things that he asks of us and then we can recieve that mercy. As we explained it to Artiom we talked alot about faith, and how it was the first step because if we don't have faith in Christ nothing is going to work, and it's interesting the word faith in Russian and the word trust are very similar in fact only a prefix seperates their meanings. We all should Trust
in our Savior more, people here are different than back home, they tell us often that we have a confidence about us, that they haven't seen before, and Elder Nicholaisen, our senior couple explained it perfectly. He said, it's not that we are confident in ourselves it's that we trust in our Savior, and that gives us strength to do things that our beyond our own capablities. Like learning Russian, preaching the gospel, or having the faith to take a step into an unknown future, with that trust in our Savior we know that no matter what he will be with us and that gives us strength that can't be measured.
Oh! forgot to tell you this, our senior couple here the Nicholiasens got a transfer, they were transfered to Turkey for the remainder of their mission they are going to be the humanitarian missionaries for the whole
country of Turkey. The church isn't recognized in Turkey yet but they're going to lay some ground work, cool huh? So we are senior coupleless for the time being but it's all good, The Maughns will be coming here-- is what the plan is. Mom mentioned that it's our dear Brother Maughn's brother,right? Isn't that cool, be sure to tell Brother Maughn for me, love that man. They'll be here the 9th of 10th of November so I will help get them accustomed to life in Siberia!
Well family, I love you, I miss you like crazy and I hope that everything is going well. Until next week, with love from Russia.
liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn
Mom & Dad - Thank's for the emails Yeah the Russian., who emailed you is named Olga she's a member here in Omsk and speaks English well. She asked me if I wanted to say anything to you and I didnt think she
would remember what I said ha that's way funny though. Anyways have a fun Halloween, I am looking forward to pictures :) and mom, to answer your question, I've been thinking about it and yeah, i think i want to go school in the spring, but idk for sure yet that's the plan for now. I wanna get my CNA and get a job working in a hospital or something but idk if or how i could get it all worked out and with college so we'll see. What are your thoughts on it? I know you have good advice.
Tanner - Dude, your cosutme is looking sweet! Gotta send me a pic of the completed thing! You will be amazing I am sure.
Grandpa - Thank's for the picture :) That sure is a beautiful temple!
Aunt Meegan - Thank's for the email! So good to hear from other Eborns (Especially the ones in Layton :) tell Garrett Gav, and Libby Lou , I love them.
1 comment:
It looks like JT is surrounded by good people. Like gravitates to like. That is the reason it is so important to be good and do good. The Church plays such an important role in this way for each of us.
Post a Comment