Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Remember Who You Are and Where You Came From

Another week another email! It's crazy how fast time is going by, a year ago I was getting ready to go the Temple and now I am in Siberia and winter is closing in! it has been about 0 degree's all week, I've had to start wearing my palto and hat when we go out it hasn't snowed yet here but I hear it's not far from it  every morning we wake up to a nice layer of ice that is blanketing out windows and the ground. Welcome to Siberia - There's no where I'd rather be!

Elder Drasso came in last Friday early in the morning, (Transfer weeks are hard here do to the fact that you have to be up early in the morning or out late at night and man it just make's you super tired, it's been good to get back to the regular routine of missionary life) and we just got straight to work.---he's great, we've both come a long way from the MTC I will tell ya that!

It'll be a good transfer, we figured out though that we are the youngest companionship in our mission! Which is a little scary to think. But we can handle it, like Good Ol' Joseph Smith said, "Deep water is what I want
to swim in" and hard things are what make us realize what we really can do.

We got to watch general conference this weekend, which was just AWESOME! A lot of really good stuff about which they talked about will help me in my work here. When President Monson talked about missionaries at first I just thought "ha, I am already there :) but, I think Iwill probably want to serve a mission as a senior couple sometime when I am a "older person" but for now I am glad to be a missionary in the far reaches of Siberia!

We've been still working trying to find some new investigators as well as getting the young men really active in the Church here and it's been well, the work is progressing, we've been having fun with it as well. Artiom, (aka Jon Bon Jovi) is doing awesome, we had an amazing couple meetings with him since last time I wrote you, we started in on the Plan of Salvation and what it is, and what it means that we really have the plan. It really is an amazing thing and it's perfect, I'm so greatful that we have it and that we are a part of it.

We've been taking it very slow trying to make sure everything is understood and that he can feel the Spirit as we teach. ( That is the key after all, I can talk all day, but if I don't have the Spirit with me he isn't going to learn anything) and Monday after FHE we had a meeting with him where we started in on our Pre-Mortal existence. and how in reality, we are all sons and daughters of God, and that he loves us, and because he loves us he has given us the ability to choose for ourselves what we want to do do, and in our wisdom we chose his plan which enabled us to come here and to recieve a body and to learn. It was an awesome meeting, I remember just looking into Arty's eyes, and opeing my mouth and the words came out, "Artiom, you are a son of the most incredible being in the universe, the Creator of all, and you chose to come here, and you wanted to follow your Elder Brother Jesus Christ. and you are here meeting with us because you are ready and your Father in Heaven knows it. He loves you and he want's you to return to him and to learn what you need to do here." I stopped, and realized what I had told him and was just like wow, that was really bold, I hope I didn't over do it and scare him. He kind of looked down then back up at me and started to cry. He knew his Father in Heaven loved him, and we all could feel it.

Family, we all need to remember who we are, and where we have come from. Whether we are older and working in the temple (not that grandma and grandpa are old...my grandpa can out hike anyone) a parent with four children, or a senior in highschool, we are all children of the most magnificant being in the universe, and He loves us. No matter how hard we fight it, or how much we deny it. The truth is that he is, and that he loves us, we chose to come here and to learn and to grow. He is looking forward to the day when he can sit down with us and talk with us about how our adventure here was. Take some time to talk with him, he's there to listen and he want's to hear from you.

Well, idk what else to tell ya? Sound's like you've had a great week those pictures dad sent me where way funny ha, I am still busting up about Gavin with the Shotgun, ha you should have got a video of that. I can't wait until I get home and we can all go fishing together, but it's not about the fishing, it's about the trip, and about the "Damn Trains" and Cupcakes. Family, I love you guy's, thank's for everything, I couldn't do this without you that is for dang sure.

liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn

Mom & Dad - All is well with me, just wanted to say thanks for being the examples you are to me. I love you. :) oh and also I had a brilliant idea.. seeing as how I fly like thousands of miles a year we should set meup a skymiles account so I can earn some points for when we get home ha. If you have some time to set up an account before the December trip it would be cool to start using while I go on visa trips and earn some extra points for what ever trips we want to take when I get home ;) (b/c we are gunna!)

Tanner - Dude, I know! The Scout Office is haunted huh? It's way freakin at night, I always had to have my headphones on and turn on all the light's or I'd get scared ha. Let me know how swimming's going big guy. Love you Tanner.

Girls & Gramm - Love you and miss you all!

5 comments:

meegz said...

Smart boy that JT. It seems that even if we know that Heavenly Father is our Father and that he loves us -- we seem to reject it -- or not allow ourselves to be loved all of the time. Sources of guilt and pride do seem to creep in.

The atonement is an awesome thing but it seems that until we allow ourselves to truly be a child of God who is loved and valued we will always have a hard time accepting the atonement on all levels.

This is something I continue to struggle with and hope to always be striving to do better in this area. Many thanks to JT for reminding me and all of us!:)

Bart said...

It sounds like JT is feeling and teaching by the Spirit. That's all he can do. The rest is up to the Lord and the agency of man.

Thanks for getting this post up so soon. We really appreciate it.

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Jason and I were laughing at JT's email this week.

One, we can tell he is doing well and is happy.

The train comment brought back good memories for Jason...one of the many trips with the boy's in their younger years.... Jason was driving the boys to the Green River (Jason recalled it was when we lived in South Weber, before Boise) and get this, they had walkie talkies (yes they are in the same car---don't ask) playing on the drive. I guess they had to wait for a train and Dad made them laugh by saying "Damn Trains". I guess, they just had a good trip.

I didn't find nearly as funny as Jason, however, it was 6:00 a.m.

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

I was also thinking about JT thoughts on our Heavenly Father, I say to my kids all the time. "Remember Who You Are and What We Stand For" when they leave for activities, school, etc.

I have heard my Heavenly Father say that to me at key times in my life.

Bart said...

What a great young man. He is an example to us all. I love getting his e-mails as you do also. He is
always positive and searching for
ways to accomplish his mission. I
sure love him, almost a year gone by and he still loves where he is.
This mission will really teach him
many principles that he will use in
his life. Thanks for keeping us in
touch with him. Love you all.

Love, Grandma Iris

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones