Monday, October 4, 2010

A Super Hero w/ a Name Tag

JT sent this at the end of last week.  Just got it up today.  Sorry for the delay.  We were in St. George.

Hey again!
So this last week has been hectic!  We started our little picnic deal and after a day of stressing about what to do for it. I decided to do some COPE acctivities with the group that came. It turned out way good! We all had a lot of fun and ended up eatting hotdog sandwhiches (don't ask lol) and yeah, we had a couple investigators and quite a few member's show up and it was way cool one girl came, and she has just been doing way good, she's come to English and a whole bunch of stuff.

She always tells me how much happier she is when she's around us. She told us she can't figure out what is was so we asked her to meet with the Sister's and she has been. We had a spiritual thought from Koctya who is a member here, he's like 17, and a stud, he's been on a mini mission and he is a way good kid. He talked about what the meaning of life is and shared a verse from Alma 34:32 which talks about how we are here to prepare to meet God. This girl just started to cry, she asked us why she was crying and what she was feeling. It was cool to help her understand that it was the Spirit.

Many times we don't feel the spirit quite that strong, but we need to be able to let it work through us, to feel the love of the Lord through his guidance. We need to put ourselves in the position to be ready to feel that when we need it.

This is my real email for the week! We are in between sessions at this leadership training deal. It's way cool, it's all about making us more effiective teachers President and Sister Trejo came down to Omsk for the week and are putting on the training. It's not just something that our mission is doing but it's a training that The First Presidency has asked us all to go through to make us better missionaries so that we can better relay our message. (Mom would be all over it) A big part of it is really focusing on the point of why we are here, which is to bring people unto Christ. We've been focusing on the doctrine of Christ and what that means.

We've had a few little breaks during sessions (like this one) where we are suppose to go out and try and apply what we've learned. Due to the fact that we leave a good hour away from the Nicholaisens we didn't have any opportunities to meet with people. So Elder Birtcher and I have gone contacting! We've actually met quite a few people who are interested and want to meet so it's been really neat.

We've been more focusing on the fact that The Gospel of Christ is what is contained in The Book of Mormon, and that people need to know about it. President Trejo put it perfectly, there will be no "fence-sitters" when it comes time, We will not be able to have one foot in the Kingdom of God, and one in the realm of the devil.  It's our job to be the most effective teachers we can be in order to help people make the right descision. I'm far from perfect, and I've got a long way to go, but people need to know this:

Eternity hangs in the balance, not only mine but my fellow brothers and sister's here in Russia. I've always been a super hero fan, I mean goodness I even have a spandex superman costume that hangsin my closet at home. Though I may not be able to fly, or have the ability to regrow limbs, I do have the Gospel. I know that it is the only thing that will bring us true happiness in this life, as well as eternal life in the world to come. I don't have a cape, or boots, but I've got a Book of Mormon, and a testimony and thats all I need. I love being here and I love doing what I am doing. I may not have any success, I may not be able to save the world, but I am sure going to try.

 I love you guys and im thankful that you're all supporting me back home. I couldn't do this without you, and I know I wouldn't be where I was without you.
I love you all!
Keep doing what's right, and I will see you in year or so! :)

liveSTRONG,

Elder Eborn!

Mom - Hey mommy, love ya... thanks for everything! President was all worried about my card and made it a point to make sure I got it before we got started with this training. It was way cool. Yeah its kind of a bummer they do that (tear apart postal boxes etc). but what can ya do. hopefully my Christmas package will make it alright. Like I said, I wouldnt' mind some new socks lol. maybe some dry fit long black ones or something. idk I am just sick of church socks like crazy and more fun fettie cake :) mmm I love you guys! All is well!

Dad - Hey big guy, good luck this weekend. I wish I could be there running with you (ahead of you ;) you'll do awesome, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll get where you want too. I wanna see some sweet pics. Oh! an Run Dang It!

Tanner - A yellow tie? What? Dude you gotta send me some pics and who is this girl? I mean you haven't told your brother?! I want details man!

Remember this?  http://ebornsontherun.blogspot.com/2008/12/superman-saves-sharing-time-happy-b-day.html

1 comment:

Bart said...

Rene,
Thanks so much for posting these. You have spoiled us, but it seems like life is just not the same without out weekly JT fix. Thanks for the update. JT seems like he is feeling the Spirit and doing great.

We love you all and always will,

Grandpa Bart

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones