Sorry this letter is a little later than I usually send, there's just a lot more I have to do with my email time. Being a ZL has been interesting and a good experience so far. We had a very interesting week. We had a group of missionaries come in to Omsk and we got to help them move all into their new apartments. When you're entire life has to fit in 3 suitcases, you get some pretty heavy bags and even at -20 you sweat!
But everyone got in and everything is fine now, we're getting back into the regular beat of things. Well, as regular as it gets around here. I was at district meeting on Friday with all the missionaries and I realized that of the 10 missionaries there. I’ve watched them all be "born" in Omsk! I love this city, I’m glad to still be here what my life would be like without the "kosmos"?
Elder Trunov is awesome we're having a lot of fun, he corrects my Russian and I correct his English and we get along very well. It's different not being with a companion who might not understand everything that goes on in a lesson, instead now everyone just talks faster and faster. Today for instance, we had a meeting before we came to do internet with our investigator family. They all were talking so fast, I was like "why did they all of a sudden start speeding up?" I still understood everything, but it just seemed like everyone was talking at lightning speed. I don't know if my Russian has gotten any better because of it all. But I sure am speaking more and more Russian. That’s pretty fun.
Oh I forgot to tell you, I have a bed now! I’m so excited even though it's harder to get up in the mornings because I have this bed and it's all comfortable and just awesome but all the same I get up and try to salvage whatever shape I was in before the mission.
I really do miss running. Reading dad's email about going to a qualifying run made me just go ah...” i wanna run”... Like dad said, the hard part is starting. But once you start you can't stop. I even dream about running some nights. That's kind of how it seems like here with the missionary work. It's really hard to getsomeone started on the path but once they start they don't stop. Or when youare contacting and you talk to someone, then it makes it all the easier to talk to someone else especially if they listen.
People just need to keep going and as soon as they get a taste---they'll want it all! It’s just how it is. If everyone could have a taste of the "fruit" we would all desire to share it. It is much like Lehi.
So this week have a lot coming up, I’m working and finding a new apartment for the sisters who live in Neftanik, we do a lot a translating for the Maughns. I translated a talk for Elder Maughn on Sunday which made me laugh way hard. Elder Trunov just looked up at me and was laughing way hard. After he said “you said everything right I was just surprised”
So maybe my Russian is not as bad as I think. We've also been trying toget our own missionary work in as well, leading by example. Basically been my week!
I know there's not a lot this week, I’ll try to write more next time. I love you guys!
LiveStrong,
Elder Eborn
Mom & Dad - Good luck with the race guys. I hope to see some pictures! Love you both thanks for all you do for me and our family.
Tanner - Nice dancing bro! LOL I think you've been playing that game a little to long if you're that good at it!
Megan - Way to go with the grades, personal progress, and volleyball! My sister's a stud that’s for sure! I bet you jump higher than me!
4 comments:
Thanks, Rene, now I can get on with the rest of the day. Your missionary is doing great. It's no wonder considering his wonderful family.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
Bart, I completly agree. I am starting to get so I can almost sleep through the night without listening for the beep on email.
We always have looked forward to our emails from our McElder (that is what the girls call him LOL). We miss him, but, know he is in the right place... we are super proud of him.
Lots of love!
The Missionary Mommy ;)
My mother heart is aching...where HAS he been sleeping if not in a bed?
He said he had been sleeping on a couch at the last apartment. So we are happy he has a bed now.
Post a Comment