So this week has been an interesting one. I got sick a bit before New Years and it progressively got worse until New Years day I ended up just laying on the balcony at the Maughns and sleeping until we went home. Pretty sick... better now.
All in all it was fun New Years Eve. My companions and I, stayed up until midnight.. playing phase ten and just laughing. Elder Stuart told us about what he did last year...and Elder Drasso and looked at each other and laughed b/c we were in the MTC together last year... just started.. ah good times!
We went to the Maughns and watched some movies, ate tacos and played games it was a lot of fun. There's a lot of movies I will be wanting to watch when I get home so I hope you guys have got a list of good ones going for me.
Elder Drasso, Elder Stuart, and Elder Eborn New Years 2011
So I guess you probably want hear about the baptism last week? It was way awesome! It was close to -30 degrees outside, and there were about 20 people gathered around a small baptismal font in the bottom of a branch building,in Omsk, in the middle of Siberia. and we all watched as Elder Maughn, with Roman went down into the water with a stern face. Then Elder Maughn, slowly said the baptismal prayer in broken Russian and he was baptized. When he came up out of the water his face couldn't withhold what he was feeling and he smiled with tears in his eyes. I asked him how he felt, and he said, "clean Elder, clean". I feel very blessed to have been able to help another brother....son of our Heavenly Father's come unto Christ and to make covenants to follow him. There really is no better feeling!
Elder Eborn, Roman, Brother Maughn, Elder Drasso, and Elder Stuart
This week we will be having another baptism, his name is Sergey, he was going to be baptized on Sunday but we had to re-arrange his date. So that will be this weekend :) It will be exciting to help a family get
closer to their goal of going to the temple. It' really has been such a privilege to work here in Omsk. It's been a long, hard six months, and I don't know what will happen next transfer, but if I leave Omsk.... Omsk has been nicknamed the "Cosmos" by other missionaries, due to the fact that if anything that is out of the ordinary happens, it usually happens here. And after being here for the last half of the year, I can say yeah, thats probably right! I do love this city, however, maybe will be one of those Elders that spends his entire mission in one area ya never know!
You may not want to put this on the blog-- but ...this transfer's been rough companionship wise, the three-some is not exactly fun and games. (Call or Check back at the end of the mission for this story!)
I have also made some New Years goals that will help be not only be a better missionary, but will help me get be better prepared to come back and be who I need to be. I love you all! Thanks, for everything I will see you all next week!
liveSTRONG
Elder Eborn
Mom & Dad - Hey no worries, I had to pull off some personal money to help pay rent but I get paid back for that here soon so no worries looks like you guys had a fun new years and stuff.
Tanner -Nice pink frosty bud! LOL
Megan - Whats this you wearing my ski jacket? When did you get big enough for that? I love ya sis.
Maddie - Love ya baby sister.
2 comments:
I would not want to be there in the -30 degree weather. I can hardly stand it here. He is doing gret. Way to go JT on the baptism. Love ya!
I'm glad JT is feeling better. It's not fun to be sick so far away from mom. We look forward to the updates every Wednesday. It almost seems like Wednesday is the first day of the week. I'm sure it's because we will hear from our Elder Eborn. It's good to see some of the fruits of your labors. Some of them we may never see until we come face to face with grateful people in the hereafter. Thanks, Rene, forgetting these posts up so soon.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
Post a Comment