Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Knowledge We Have

Hey Family!

Sorry, I know my last couple emails have been interesting I really haven't had time to do any sort of compiling my thoughts for the last few weeks so my emails home are probably just like blah of information thrown at you. Plus the fact that I am not speaking English well anymore and probably makes the translation of my letters quite the task ha. Good thing I've got a wonderful mother who can make sense of things and puts my letters up. I don’t know what I’d do without my mom; she really is the best thanks for all you do Mommy :) I love you.

So today we had a lot to do. It seems to me like P-days now days are just days that I can try to get an email off and then hopefully buy groceries - we've been living on vegetables and rice for the last few weeks because we don't have time to buy groceries. Today, we picked up the Elders that were coming in. Oh! We had transfers last week; I'll be here in Omsk another 6 weeks as ZL. I told President T that I would stay here until the end if he needed me to. Yeah, we didn’t know if we'd have email time today, so we ran into the internet cafe paid for 10 minutes and printed off all our emails so that if we didn’t have time to write we'd still get to read from you guys. But, after we took care of the Elders we realized we had about an hour to do something so we came here and I actually get to write so Yay!

This week has been way busy, we've had to deal with a lot of stuff ...  I do love being a ZL. But yeah, in between all the stuff we have to do, we balance missionary work in there as well. This week was very productive. :) We found 3 new investigators, 2 of which are from Africa we found them an English book of Mormon and have been teaching them the gospel. Agaba is awesome, he's always smiling and is so excited to learn about The Book of Mormon. We talked about Prophets and the Book of Mormon and he almost jumped off his seat when i gave him his copy in English. He has called me 2 or 3 times already telling me how much he loves reading it and how he feels about reading it. I think it is ironic, makes me smile, in his country they already have a stake and the church is flourishing, and he came all the way to Siberia and found out about the gospel. We also met a man and he's very smart, he teaches kids how to play chess at a wrestling club, ha it was so sick. We got to go in and talk to him a bit the other day. He asked where I was from and I told him Utah, he then said, “There are a lot of Mormons in Utah aren't there? I admire those people, they did so much with so little ah, I would like to know more about what they believe..." Elder Trunov and I couldn't help but smile and pull the Book of Mormon out of the bag and invited him to learn more about the restored gospel. We haven't reached our goal for the month yet, but we are working hard and I know I am doing what I am suppose to.


I am so sorry about Grandma Flora, she was an amazing lady, and I know mom, she was special to you. I think that is one of the main things that restored gospel gives us. We have the knowledge of the plan of salvation. We know where we come from, why are here, and where we are going. The Lord's plan is in motion, and we know what we need to do here, and other people need to know it as well. We pass all sorts of people every day, and how many people know what we know? We truly are blessed to have the knowledge that we do.

It is the "Good News". I'm so grateful that I have a family that loves and supports me, and that I will be able to be with them not only in this life but forever. The years we spend in this life are just in preparation for what is to come.

We are Children of the most supreme being in the universe and He loves us. Mom said, Love is what Valentine’s day is for her is about love. I agree with her that is right. One of my favorite camp songs is called “its cheese that makes the world go round and in the end of the songs it explains that in reality it is love that makes the world go round….it is so true. Our Father in Heaven Exists and he loves each and every one of us. He sent us here to learn and to grow to become like him, then we will return to his presence and be able to sit down and tell him about everything we learned, everything we did. We will all fall short…. of being able to become like him. That is where the love comes in. Our older Brother came and took upon himself all of our imperfections, weakness, sickness, and faults upon himself. So that when we do go to see our Father, we can be clean in his sight. The news isn't just good, It's Great!” It's all based upon love.

So I guess I'd better get back on the street and let people know! ;) I love you guys, Thanks for the letters, your faith, and for all the support you give me. I really couldn't do what I am doing without you. I have to go now; we have a lot to do. Missionaries to take care of, Zone Conference to plan to name a few things. So I love you guys, have a great week and I'll see you soon!





Mom - Hey mommy :) Thanks for everything. I love you.



Dad – I’ll send some pictures next week hopefully, I will be in Finland next week so maybe will have some time at the Temple house to send some.

Tanner - A Limo? This girl must really like you or something ha.


Grandma & Grandpa Eborn- Hey! Happy Birthday Grandma! Thanks for everything you guys do for me :) I love getting your emails every week :) I print them off and read them again and again. I hope you have a wonderful week and know that I love you guys, and you're in my prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful testimony. Thanks for taking pictures on Saturday and for being there.
Flora Lee

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones