Dearest Family of mine!
Yet another week has past and what would you know! We had a baptism this weekend!! Violetta was able to be baptized on saturday and this next week she'll be recieving the gift of the holy ghost! We're Very Excited! (I dont know if I've told you this but there is no word for excited in Russian; interesting eh?)
We are looking forward to this upcoming weekend as well. We've got 3 baptisms set up for Sunday morning! Which is unreal!! President Trejo even told me that he has never seen that happen in the entire time he's been a mission president. As much as I'd like to take the credit, I really haven't done anything. I've taught the gospel, and the Lord has given them the witness that they've asked for. It's going to be a historic weekend for the city of Omck! But, it's not over until they're all in the font... so please keep them in your prayers. miracles are just around the corner but we've gotta finish doing our part for them to happen.
This week has also been quite an adventure, I'm actually conducting splits with one of the other Elders right now from the north area in Omck. We've been on splits for 2 days. It's just the only way it could work out for us. but we've had fun, and been learning a lot. As a Zone Leader I'm supposed to help teach the missionaries on exchanges how to be more effective and such. And we had about a half hour of down time and I realized that I was craving chocolate chip cookies way way bad. so we made them, it was actually a good thing though because on our way to our next meeting we met a man who told us that he was searching for another church because his church wasn't answering the questions that he had. We asked him what they were (the questions that is) and he asked about prophets and apostles. A Little alarm went off in my head, "Hey, Elder Eborn, thats part of the message you share..." and I jumped all over that! he's way excited to come to Church and to learn more about it. I guess sometimes you've just gotta take some time and make some cookies! We might not have met him if we hadn't stopped to make the cookies so it was a win/win.
It's been warming up quite a bit, but not enough, there is still snow everywhere and I'm not even kidding when I say my legs want to run. I've been running up and down the 12 story flight of stairs in our apartment builing almost every morning but it's not cutting it. I can't wait until summer and I'll be able to run a little bit.
I also did get your package :) I've had to put a limit on how many Reeses I eat each day. I even have a little counter on the fridge to keep track so I don't eat them all at once. (funny)
I had to explain to Elder Trunov what a Leprechaun was because of the hat and socks you sent. He still doesn't get it. Silly Ukrainian. We've also have transfer calls coming up this Friday and if this pattern continues I'll probably be in Omck another 6 weeks :) which honestly will be fine, this place is pretty much like home now, except without my family, and more crazy people lol I think its something in the water (jk). Any ways we'll see what happens maybe I'll be taking the longest transfer in the world! I'll let you know next week.
So yeah, that's pretty much my week :) I've just been workng hard and trying to smile while I'm at it. It's been a little bit rougher this week, I've been a little bit down but it's all good, I just need to get my endorphins going and we'll be just fine!
I love you all. Thank you for your letters of support and the love you give me.The Church is True, Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration, The Book of Mormon is True, and God loves us!
жив сильно!
Ст. Иборн
Mom & Dad - Well, diet wise its basically the same as back home, just with a lot less selection and a whole lot worse quality. I've been eating a lot of rice and veggies lately due to the fact that we don't have time to eat real food. but the selection of meats isn't very good so you basically stay with chicken that you have to skin and pull the breast bone out of. so yeah, it'll be nice to come back home and be able to eat like normal again. but I guess if you wanted to be a vegetarian in russia you could, but you won't be able to get away with it with the members, especially in winter.
Love you guys and if you do wanna send another package here soon send some food coloring!
Garrett, Gavin, & Libby - You guys Rock! Thank you for the awesome pictures :) lol I didn't even know we had Pirates in Russia but I'm glad I know now ;) It's good to know you guys are having fun in Nevada I'll have to come visit when I get home
Love you guys!
3 comments:
Thanks for the report from JT. We always look for ward to this Wednesday post. We do love our firstborn grandson and of course all the rest as well. He is a great example to them and to us all. He is helping people in a way that will never be forgotten.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
Garrett is just excited that he finally realized there are Pirates in Russia.
We love our JT!!
Hi! You don't know me but I served with Elder Eborn in Russia! I was in his first city when he was "born," and I got to go on VISA trips with him. (I am home now) I just wanted you to know that Elder Eborn is a great missionary (as if you don't already know that)!! I have a ton of respect for him. I am glad that I came across this blog, so I can keep a little bit updated on what is going on. Thanks for raising such a great kid!
Post a Comment