Hey everyone!
It's kind of weird how fast time is going. Yesterday we were at the mission home and President and Sister were packing up and getting ready to go home. I was like "wha?!" we actually just got some news about President and Sister Petersen that I'll have to tell you about next week, after everything is allowed to be shared. I can say, that my next transfer just got a whole lot more interesting. Stay tuned.
But yeah, we had a pretty good week last week. We had a good Training and Zone Conference in Tomck. We also got to announce that the cities of Tomck and Barnaul would be becoming part of the Novosibirsk District which is way exciting because it's a step closer to becoming a stake for us! You probably already know, but in Moscow they just created the first Stake in Russia! Pretty exciting if you ask me! One of the Elders serving in Tomck is from Moscow, and when he found out who the stake president was he got a good chuckle out of it saying, "He's one of my friends and not much older than me!" The church is small here in the Mother Land but it's growing! I have no doubt, that soon there will be chapels and temples all over the Siberian landscape! While we were in Tomck I got to see my first recent convert Alexey, I got to watch him bless the sacrament. it made me feel good inside to see that he's still active and is progressing toward the celestial kingdom.
We got home from Tomck late sunday afternoon and were able to meet with our investigator Nastia (short for Anastasia). She's a young girl about 20 years old, and she's golden. We had an amazing meeting with her and some of the other sisters from the branch. The spirit was so strong there as we taught about the Plan of salvation and what our purpose is here on the earth. At the end of the meeting she just sat there smiling and I asked her , "Nastia, how do you feel right now? Do you feel that what we've taught you is true?" She got quiet looked down then back up at me and said with a big smile, "Yes, I believe" The members that were with us, both told her how she was glowing (I am not sure that sounds right in English but it makes sense in Russian). She then began to tell us how her reading, and praying has been making her a different person and how her whole family has noticed the change in her since she started meeting with us. She wants to be baptized by the end of the month and we're going to try and help her be ready for that. It's such a blessing to be able to be a part of this work. To be an instrument in the hands of the Lord and to help to help people. I've had the opportunity to see a few of these moments when people have those "moments of clarity" like dad says, when they finally start to get it. I'm very grateful to my Heavenly Father that He's allowed me to participate in his work. Like in Alma 32, Nastia has planted the seed, watered, and cared for it and is now seeing how good it is.
This next weekend, well I guess tomorrow, we're going to be headed up to Krasnoyarsk for the last Zone Conference of this Quarter. It's been an interesting 3 months that's for sure, iIve learned a lot and grown so much, and I guess now it's time to see how far I can push myself with the new changes that are coming at the end of the month I guess Heavenly Father wants to see what I've learned. I guess, I should probably just keep running. Thank you all for your emails. I miss and love you all. I will see you next week!
жив СИЛЬНО
Старейшина Иборн!
Mom & Dad - Looks like you guy's are going to be good grandparents (someday) I will keep that in mind when I need a babysitter in the coming years. Oh, an mom my nose is fine, agreed we will fix it when I get home. (All the broken noses from Wrestling).
Amber - Missy! So I've gotten so use to the whole not getting any mail that I don't even look in the bin any more, but this morning I see a box with pink lettering on it from 1088 E. .... and I jumped almost to the ceiling! :) You're the best :) I don't know how I ever got so lucky as to meet you. Elder Stewart laughed at me as I kind of danced around the office! I miss you, you're the best missy! Have a great week!
Oh! Found a Carl Jr's in Russia!
3 comments:
Our family just finished reading Alma 32 -- such a great analogy that even our children can understand. Way to go Elder Eborn...:)
Heis doing well and has a great attitude. He is not only helping and teaching those in his mission area, but all of us back home as well. Love our missionary.
Grandpa Bart
Also -- to be "grateful to participate in the work" is an excellent place to be. I have been there -- then gone -- then there:) There is much better than gone.:)
Post a Comment