Thursday, August 18, 2011

P-Days Are Now On Mondays!



Howdy,

Raspberry jam hmmmm... Sounds pretty great to me! and it looks like you'll have enough to save some until December – lucky me ;). You're probably all up getting ready for Bike the Bear and stuff, which by the way sounds like a lot of fun too. I'm looking forward to going on some rides next spring.

Last week like you know I went to Finland! I've only got one more trip in November. This trip was pretty ridiculous, but we had a good time. It's been fun being able to meet up with the guys I started my mission with and being able to catch up on things and to see how far we've come. We've all changed quite a bit since the MTC that is for sure.

We had the opportunity to go to downtown Helsinki which is always way pretty; and also got to spend some time at the Finland Temple. We were planning on going out for dinner at pizza hut or somewhere down in the center. But, as we walked through the grocery store where I'd sent my package from, we cast our eyes upon the most beautiful sight these missionary eyes had ever seen! Kraft Macaroni and Cheese! Right under it Betty Crocker Devils Cake mix. We scraped up the rest of our our money and loaded up a grocery cart full of the stuff and took it all back to the Temple Hostel to enjoy! It sounds way nerdy and strange but, I do believe that was one of the best meal I've had on my mission.


The next morning we went to the temple, (which is always awesome!) I spent a good bit of time sitting in the Celestial Room pondering about some things that had been on my mind. Things to do with the mission, things to do with school, and for some dumb reason marriage and life. I don't get why on a mission for some reason your thoughts always seem to drift to getting married, I suspect it's due to the fact that you're with another dude for 24/7 and maybe the fact that you spend all your time trying to help other people to be together forever. Anyways, I was sitting there and I was blessed to be able to receive some answers to some things that had come up in the mission, and some decisions I needed to make, and got up to get leave the room, opened the door and walked right into a Finnish Bride walking to the sealing room. Ha I felt bad... She was walking down the hall in this beautiful white dress, flowers in hand, stars in her eyes, just gleaming. -When some silly Elder from Siberia in his off white shirt bumps into her. I felt super awkward but oh well, all the folks in the room waiting for her saw the whole thing through the door and started to laugh. I excused myself and quickly left the temple. We had to clean up our room and the kitchen in the Hostel before we could go so we started to clean up. Then all of the people from the marriage party start coming into the kitchen, and setting up for the reception or whatever it was. The four of us didn't want to interrupt anything, plus 4 missionaries at a marriage is a um…a little awkward... so in order to not draw attention to ourselves we all spoke in Russian amongst ourselves, hoping that they wouldn't try to talk to us if they knew we didn't speak Finnish. Until one of the grooms men comes up and starts speaking Russian to us! Those Finns and their mastery of all language known to man! We ended up introducing ourselves and then had to switch to English so he could introduce us to the bride and groom, who I'd early (literally)run into, I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.

This week has been pretty busy/crazy, we've already been gone to Krasnoyarsk andto Barnaul where President and Sister Gibbons were able to meet and the missionaries. We had a lot of time to talk and to get to know each other.

They're awesome! They've got a son serving in Mexico, He's basically already baptized more people in his first month than our mission has baptized in the last 8 months. I'm exaggerating of course. Things are good; we're making a lot of changes here in our mission. Restructuring things and trying to make things work a little more efficient and more productively.

It's going to be good, I can feel it. One of the changes is that we've changed P-day to Monday, like I put in the subject. So, if you want me to hear from you just do it before Mondays and we'll be good! Maybe that'll be easier for you all on Sundays when you're not all in the hustle and bustle of work and school. I really am grateful for any emails that I get, helps me feel like I'm not alone out here.
Well, I've got to get going. President Gushin is picking us up in a few moments and we'll be driving up to Tomck then later this weekend we'll be going to Omck and then things should get back to normal. At least for a little while. I love you guys! Thanks for all you do for me here. I really couldn't do this without your love and support. I love you, you're in my prayers!
liveSTRONG
Elder Eborn!!

Gramm- Happy birthday Gramm! I hope you have a great day and know that I Love your heart! :)
Mom & Dad - Have a great time up at bike the bear, if you see Amber's Brother Todd tell him I say hi. Send me pics! :) love you guys



No comments:

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones