Sorry the last few weeks have been a little weird with emailing and all, it has just been a hectic couple of weeks. We just got back from yet another trip to Novo for Zone Conference. Five hours on a bus really has starting to give me a crick in the neck I tell ya. It's all good though a couple hours on a bus gives me some time to catch up on some much neededzzz's. But as Danny and I always say, "We'll sleep when we're dead!!"
Zoneconference was great we heard some stuff that really will help me with my work here in Tomsk and also, gave me a bigger resolve to do better. It's funny sometimes you think you are giving all you have and then you get a little revival of energy and you realize that you want to give even more! We watched this slide show called Reflections of Christ, it was so powerful. You have the book Mom, but they did a new version called AnotherTestament and man, I cried like a baby lol.
I really am so grateful for my Savior, I know that he really did suffer for me personally and I know that through him I can do anything. He gives me strength that I didn't know I had, and I can really feel his help in the work that I am trying to do here. The people here in Russia, really need to know what he has done for them and that the Plan has been set and the Power to do the things he has asked us to do is again on the earth. We have a meeting with a contact tonight and I am very excited to give him the chance to find out for himself through the Book of Mormon.
As for Investigators and people that we've been working with we are just trying to help people feel the spirit and want to do better. We've been working with a individual who has been investigating the Church for nearly 16 years and knows the scriptures better than we do! However, has never accepted a baptismal commitment, we jokingly call him the most active nonmember in the world! He comes to everything but hasn't accepted our invitation to be baptized. Aftercoming home from the Temple and after this Zone Conference I have some new ideas about how to help him, and I am feeling really good about it.
We've also been working with a man, who is an older man probably 65-70 and he is an artist. Like a way good artist he is famous in Russia and it's really a great opportunity to teach him. Then comesAlexey. I think tonight we're going to talk to him about baptism so ha yeah, keep them in your prayers, they need some help (I mean look at the missionary they've got working with them ha they will deffinetly need some help!)
Well that's about it for my week. I guess, I will answer mom's (funny mom).
Ø The new couple from Eagle, are they the new business couple? Replacing theSimmons?yeah the Mckally's are the new business couple and they are way cool.
Ø Did you tell them that you Love Bishop Edwards? Did they know theMoorehouses?of course! we talk about it almost everytime im in Novo.
Ø The Trip to Finland: Did you have any issues?No issue's in Finland ha almost missed our flight but i ran and stopped theflight, i said wait!!! im a missionary and they waited lol jk. but all wasgood we made it alright
Ø Did the Finland missionaries pick you up? If so, did you see Elder Bryant(Uncle Stan’s Nephew) by chance?nope, we were compeltely on our own didn't see anyone or missionaries..maybe next timeØ Where did you stay in Finland?we stayed at the Temple Hostel it was legit
Ø Do you need to buy a new suit yet?I actually bought a new suit yesterday ha kak raz! . My otherones aren't doing so hot dang Mr Mac. So this one is a dark grey and looks really good I like it alot.
Ø Have you purchased your winter wear yet?not yet, but im going to next month while they are all on sale. so dont besupprised if there is not a lot of money on my account ha gotta buy me someboots, coat, shapka and gloves so itll be a little pricey... but better thancoming home with frost bite right :)
Ø Who cuts your hair? we go to the salon by our house. ha mullets are so in here (oigh)
Ø Where do you email us from?we use a net cafe in the center of the city to email home, it's like 100rubles for an hour so yeah.
Ø Did you get a new Comp?nope! still green and greener here in tomsk!
Ø Is your Comp nice/good?yeah lol he is awesome
Ø How is the new apartment?its good we have a pull up bar now!
Ø Do you know I love you? Yeah, Mommy I know and I love you :) thank you for everything you've taught me and how to become the man that I need to be while I'm here and throughout my life. I love you!
Ø Are you OK? Yep! all is well in Siberia
Ø Do you need anything? A package would be cool but you might just want to wait and send one for Christmas. Also my debit card will expire like next year and I will need a new one idk but well figure it out later- all the efy cd's ever made! ha and the jospeh tribute cd.
LiveSTRONG
Elder Eborn
Dad- Hey pops happy Fathers day!, thanks for being one of my best friends and for your example to me i love ya badger.
Maddie- thanks for the letter B :) how about you suprise me where we go inanother 18 months alright?
Elder Danny- Dude ha I got to go to the Temple and buy some Finish Chocolate it was legit. I have to go there every 3 months for a new Visa! How crazy ist hat. It was fun though. So your investigator with a B-day dropped you? Bummer man. I know how that feels the work has been pretty rough here some mornings it's hard just to get out of bed but we need to remember that Christ suffered for all that they could have the chance to besaved, and we've gotta make sure they get that chance. I love ya elderthema! keep up the good work! hope to hear from ya soon!Elder Jtizzle
3 comments:
He answers your questions! That is incredible!
I asked Maddie, she had asked her brother if he wanted to go to Hawaii or the Bahamas when he get's home.
That is why he said, surprise me in 18 months.
Trust Maddie to think of somewhere
exciting, I sure he will just be glad to be home with everyone. Sure
love him lots, he sounds good.
Love Grandma Iris
Post a Comment