What is up Family?
How are things back home? Sounds like you're having alot of fun and keeping busy. That's always a good thing. That's how our days have been here, just super busy...Pday comes around and it's like ahhh 7 hours where I can hear from people, and relax a little bit, but by 6:00 I am wanting to get back to work! It's super weird to be in regular clothes, if i don't have a tie around my neck I kind of feel naked... oh well.
Today is one of the other Elder's birthdays here in Tomsk so Elder Hansen and I built him a cake or something....you'd be proud we did it all from scratch!! Even the frosting was home made! If I do say so myself it is a pretty yummy looking cake ( it is chocolate of course (dad!) any ways so we woke up this morning around 5, due to the fact that the sun was up already and like beaming threw the window.
So we got up dressed and decided it would be a good idea to break into the other Elder's apartment and wake up Elder Whitchurch with a good ole fashioned ninja birthday suprise!! It was way funny we were there before 6:30 and grabbed him out of his bed and it was way fun especially in our ninja(ish) clothes. It brought me back to my days with Dan-theMa kidnapping damsel's in distress and having to fight off disgruntled guys and a moms lol.
We are going to rent bikes today and go do some mountian biking around here. There are some sweet trails we found while doing service and I was just dying to try them out! So we're gunna :) expect... epic pics next week lol I hope or a phone call saying I died.
Elder Hansen and I were contacting Sunday night on our way home and there was no one on the street. So we just walked and talked like we do and all of a sudden there was someone like following us. So we turned and sure enough there was this girl, who was following us...she asked us in Russian, are you missionaries? "Yeah"? we replied "from Utah?" she asked. "I am" I replied...then she started jumping up and down and was smiling way big and called her friend to come over to us.
She explained that she had lived in Pleasant Groove, Utah for the last year with an LDS Family that she had just gotten back to Russia 3 days ago and was totally home sick for Utah. Crazy how small of a world it is we live in! She said she'd come to English---every time so she could talk to the missionairs and that she wants to meet with us. We'll see what happens. I told her my last name and I guess she found dad on facebook and stuff. She came to English yesterday and introduced me to one of her friends as Jason Taylor Eborn. Ha, for one, I haven't heard anyone call me anything but Elder for the last six months and for two she new like my whole name ha kind of freaked me out a bit---guess that is the blogs. It was cool too, we're going to try and meet with her family this week. миачы man!
Can you believe that I am 1/4 of the way done with my mission?! Goodness, and I still struggle speaking Russian, бли good thing I've still got another 18 months to figure it out. Well family, I love you! have a great 4th of July. I think we are going to have a 4th of July event at English class and try to make an apple pie... ha well see what happens.
liveSTRONG!
старейшина ИБОРН!!!
Mom - thanks for the financial update I will check. I'm needing a new watch due to the fact that I was wrestling a couple of people and my ironman timex one I brought broke... but I won the wrestling :) so I'll be buying just something that will do me until I can get a new one.. maybe a good christmas present. But yeah, I'll be getting winter gear probably next week or so....I love ya mommy :) thanks for always taking care of me even when I'm on the otherside of the world!!
P.S. Invite the Elders over for dinner and treat them good ha! Help them find people to teach. Everyone could benefit from what we have to share.
Tanner- Hey broha. whats cracking? Things here are good, just doing things we missionaries do and partying it up! Only like we missionaries do! How's life? Haven't heard from ya in a bit...but I guess when I get back you and I? Working at Camp one last hoorah huh? I'm down. You can be one of my high adventure rangers while I'm the High Adventure Director muahaha! Well hermano I love ya. Keep doing what's right.
Sisters---Love you, don't grow up too fast please.
Danny- Bro, we are like 1/4 of the way done and I don't feel like I've done anything :( I will keep working my tail off and things will happen! See ya in 18 months big guy! We got a lot of stuff to do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment