Hey family, friends, and those who read this letter!
How are you all doing? I hope Maddie's arm is alright, that sounds like not to much fun getting--- burned. I am glad the cookies turned out pretty good though!. I will be looking forward to the package :) who know's maybe it will get here by Christmas! jk Elder Frolich and Whitchurch have gotten packages in a month at the quickest. However, Elder Hansen has been waiting for a package that was sent in January and still hasn't gotten here. Gotta love the fact that I'm on the other side of the world!!
Sounds like Dad and Tanner's high adventure will be fun. I told a story in English Club last night about how we went to the Bahamas and found a Tombstone. Made me want to go diving way bad!! Plus going wake boarding for a couple days would be just amazing. 18 months and we'll see what happens right?
Anyway, This week was way good! Elder Hansen and I have just been trying way hard to get the goals we set for this transfer, and we are almost there! We get Transfer calls this Friday so I might be emailing you from another city in Siberia next week..... we'll see what happens.
One of the goals we set was to have2 solid baptismal dates before the end of the transfer. Last Thursday, we had a meeting with one of our Investigator's who is progressing. We invited him to be baptized on the 31st of July! He sat there for a few minutes then looked at us and said, "да я хочу" it was so awesome!! We've met with him a few times since then and are getting him ready for his baptism. The only thing---is that I may not be here for it... depending on what happens Friday... I really want to be here one more transfer, but I know the Lord will put me where ever he knows I will do the most good.
Since then though, another investigator has been reading more and more of the Book of Mormon and it's been way good for him. He's been telling us how much he likes it more and more as he reads! Last night we had a meeting and we invited a member to help us out. She's is way solid...she loves having us over and feeds us! Anyway, we met with them both and started to talk about the questions for the baptisimal interview. She asked him if he knew that The Book of Mormon was the word of God, and if he knew Joseph Smith was a prophet. He looked at her and said, "I can't say that I know for sure but I believe what the Elder's have taught me is true. She then looked at me and said he's not ready for baptism. I looked down at the baptisimal interview questions and read them aloud. Every one of them asked not if they had a testimony, but if they believed. It made me think of my life and how things in my life have built my testimony into what it is today.
This individual has been investigating the Church for a total of about12 weeks, I've been a member of the church for 12 years, and my testimony is still growing. We told her that he was ready and that he needed to nourish the seed in order for it to grow, and this is one of the steps that he needs to take in order to do that. I am so greatful for my parents who helped me learn and grown into what I am today and that I have the opportunity to continue to learn and grow. Everyone needs that opportunity and I am glad I can help them along the path.
I may have a lot to learn here in this life, but I am sure glad that i have the opporunity to do it.
Well gang, I love you all, the computer is flashing 5 minute warnings at me so I'd better get going.
I love you all!
I hope all is well and that you're having fun :
BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER
LiveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn!
Danny- No way that is so sick! ha We are going to have some awesome stories to tell each other when we get done with these 2 years! How's you're new area? Did you get a new comp too? What's it like over there man? Sorry lot's of questions. We'll catch up in a few years, Just remember to look out for the Chupacabra, I hear he's loose out there in Belgium! SHALOM MY FRIEND!
I love ya big guy!
2 comments:
Sounds like he is doing well. Time
is going by fast. We'll need to get a package off to him for Christmas soon, better wait for a new address to make sure he gets it. He brings a lot of blessings in
our lives and in yours.
Love, Iris
A great report and and excellent tribute from our Siberian Elder.
Post a Comment