I hope all is well back at home, another week here in Tomsk has flown by! I've been kind of sick (stuffy nose and some sinus stuff) but no worries (mom), nothing a good day of missionary work can't fix! SO I guess you got that email of me dancing and stuff ha, let's just say that I was a little excited to hear some music other than efy or motab lol.
Weather wise, this week has been good it's super humid and muggy due to the rain and the heat, it is Siberia and I love it! There are a ton of people on the street and it make's it way easy to contact and talk to people about our message. We've been getting al ot of new people at English which is good, as you saw lol yesterday for English we had a little 4th of July party! It was way fun ...we made apple pie, american pancakes (they were just easy to make in mass quantity) and of course ROOTBEER!! It was so fun to watch some peoples reactions. They don't have Rootbeer over here so we had to make it from scratch which was super delicous! When you send me a package anytime soon, buy me some rootbeer extract! :) ha but it was way fun. I dont know why or how, but i got talked into being the MC for the thing, and well it turned out pretty good, we played some COPE games to get to know people, and then we played quite a few other games that where just way fun!
Investigator wise, we've been working hard and trying to get people ready to make the commitment to be baptized! ..Well it's been rough, we've been working with a couple of people that have been slowly progressing, but they've been progressing. One individual is a man about 65 years old and he's a famous artist in Siberia that wants to find God and has taken a liking to our Church. He's come to Church for the last 5 sundays and meets with us about once a week. He's way cool and very patient with our limited Russian skills. Yesterday we had a meeting with him. and he told us that he will get baptized once he has decided for himself if our church is true or not. That may not sound like much but he loves our church and loves coming to sacrament and reading from the book of mormon! I have no doubt that he will receive his answer and find the truth he seeks.
Another individual, yesterday we had a miracle! At the end of every meeting, we ask him to pray and he always says no. but yesterday he asked us, "Elders, will you teach me how to pray like you do? I feel good when you pray and I want to be able to do it." We taught him how to pray and he gave a simple prayer to close our meeting. I was so happy after that meeting! :) It's amazing to me how prayer works, really. I never realised how important it is, communication with our Heavenly Father is such a great thing. we can feel his love and talk to him about anything, and we will know that he is always there to listen!
Well family, sounds like you're all having fun and doing well.
Keep me in you're prayers and you'll all be in mine!
Livestrong
Elder Eborn
Tanner - Sweet shoes big guy ...and way to google translate some stuff! It was almost all understandable too! some stuff just doesn't translate from Russian to English . It makes this language just that much harder..but yea love ya bro, keep me in your prayers.
The B! - I love your guts!! You big 10 year old! Happy Birthday! :)
Mega Shake - Hey sis i love ya :) Keep on being awesome.
1 comment:
we love our missonary it was so fun to see him in that video on face book he looked so good and like he was truly happy,I miss him so much and he is so awesome..
Post a Comment