It's me again, good news I got another Visa and will be staying in Siberia for another 3 months! Score.
This last week has been way hectic, but, super awesome. The last couple weeks when p-day came around I felt like "eh just another day". But, last night when I was getting ready for bed I was just super stoked! I just miss you all a lot and reading your letters makes me feel closer to you even when I am on the other side of the world.
Any how, you're probably all wondering how my trip was, so I will give you a little run down of what happend
We got up Wednesday morning.. and got to the tiny airport here in Omsk at about 5:30 AM and got on a little bus which took us to our plane. We flew into Moscow, met up with everyone else in our group, and then went to TGI Fridays in the Moscow Airport. Let me just say, a good burger every three months is like heaven! mmm.
We were all standing in line to get checked into our flight and we heard the faint sound of English being spoken with American accents. We turned and saw group of about 50 americans standing in line behind us. ha it was so nice to get to speak American English with some people lol. It was the most understandable conversation I've had in months! It was fun, they all sat with us on the plane and we talked about Russia and why we are doing what we're doing ..it was cool. There was one lady who actually is LDS and she was super excited to see the missionaries! When we all landed in Helsinki and got threw customes and stuff we all broke off into seperate groups. With the Temple being closed, we were going to be staying at a hostel in down town Helsinki so we went checked in and then hit the Helsinki streets! It was gorgeous! It was warm the sun was out, the trees were starting to turn colors and we had the entire day to explore the city.
We went to this cool church called the church in the Rock (above), which is like a Catholic Church but it's carved out of the rock. Then we went to what was called the island. We took a ferry out in the middle of the bay and got to walk around this island which had a huge fortress on it.
I got to watch the sunset (or sunrise for you guys) over the ocean with these sailboats just everywhere It was so sick! I was a little trunky for that part but oh well. I couldn't get sailing out of my mind the rest of the trip!
The next day we woke up early and got to the airport and headed back to Moscow where we had a 12 hour lay over so we took the express train into down town Moscow!
It was sick, I got to see a whole bunch of cool stuff. Unfortunately, Red Square was closed due to a concert going on that night but I got to walk around and got as close to St. Basil's as possible.
We got to see a scottish pipe band play "Praise to the Man" or something that sounded like it... on Red Square though it was so cool. It was way fun and needed. my flight to Omsk was at like 12 am and we landed in Omsk at 6 am. It's funny how time changes when you fly to Siberia. we got off the plane and I don't know what happend. It was beautiful in Moscow and Finland, but it seems like in a day, the weather has turned to Winter. The sky's grey and it was snowing ha it was crazy! Well it's a good thing I got most of my stuff for winter already. So we got in a taxi to go home and the driver was all scared and asked us if we were mafia ha we got a good laugh out of that. but he tried to charge us like 3000 rubles for the ride but we told him how it wasn't nice to take advantage of American's especially one's who speak Russian, ha it was funnny. So yeah I slept for like 10 hours then got up and went to district meeting at the Nicholiasens it was pretty much my visa trip in a nut shell. lt was good and much needed.
I got back to Omsk and have been working ever since! we're trying to get a family home evening deal set up in order to find some new people to teach, and it's been way fun, we made some new invitations and then went contacting with our senior couple here. it was way funny lol. Sister Nicholiasen would walk up to someone and just start speaking to them about this program that could help strengthen families and then I'd walk up and translate for her we actually got quite a few people interested.
Thats basically whats up with me! just working. but I love you guys, thanks for everything I miss you like crazy!
liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn
Dad - Hey, so I am not sure about what to do with the card, I will just send you my address or the address of the senior couple here in Omsk and you could probably just send it to them. I will talk to Elder Nicholiasen today. Let me know the details I will check my email in about a couple more hours to see any updates on that. but yeah sounds like you're getting ready for the big race. I wanna see pictures, I wish I could be runnin with ya pops. I miss ya.
Mom- Mommy! All is well here, I am healthy, working, and not dead. No worries :) The package was super sick. I am saving the fun fetti cake for a special day ha idk when yet, but it'll be good! I need to by some winter boots so I will probably buy those this week it'll be like 150 bucks or so. Ha in Finland I realised I am too much... like my mom... I bought a bag because it was "black and I liked it" lol. but its a good thing :) Love you mommy!
Tanner - Alright bamf mama jama, you want the location of the Senior Wall??? You need to do the following and my next letter will contain it's location... I need Jake and Kendyll's email (my Idaho Bud's) and you also need to get on my facebook and up date my status to "I am in Siberia!" and put a cool pic up of me here with my Shapka. Got it? You do this and I wiill send you the cooridinates... love ya broski ! keep running hard retard.
2 comments:
I do love black boots and bags. LOL, Elder will be sad to know that his little brother found the Senior Wall all by himself.
He is feeling better and doing good! Yay.
I am reading this and just bawling at how sweet your boy is....cindi
Post a Comment