Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Will You? When You Know?

Hey...
How's it all going back home? Sounds like you've been having a pretty good week  I saw Tanner's homecoming pics, ha (way to go Bro!) even if you were in my shirt ;) ha still looked good and I like that you had fun.

This week has been super hectic for us. Transfers here in Siberia aren't like they are anywhere else I mean what other mission do you have to take a plane to get to your next city? I've been bouncing around between other companionships here in Omsk helping out where I can, due to the fact that I don't have a comp. but it's been good last Thursday, we got tickets to a professional Hockey Game! It was so sick the team was called Avangard.

They're here in Omsk and they're way good, they actually like won the National Championship last year so it was way fun.  They actually lost but the energy and stuff at the game was just way fun! They played all sort's of good music after 10 months of MoTab, listening to other music make's one feel good. 

We went to the game and got some cool pics I will send some today or next week hopefully. Then on Friday, President called and told us about our transfers... I will be here in Omsk on left bank again, and I will be with Elder Drasso again. This will be the first time I've had a companion that hasn't been out longer than me on the Mission since the MTC and ha again it'll be with Elder Drasso.  It will be a good transfer, I'm glad to be staying here in my area where I  can continue on with what I've started. I hope we can do all that we need to and what the Lord would have us do.

We've been working with this young man named Artiom, I think I've told you about him, he looks like John Bon Jovi . He's 19 years old and he's been coming to English pretty steadily and so Elder Birtcher and I started meeting with him, and he's such a cool guy!

 Last Friday, I met with him and we talked about how important all of this really is and how much happier his life will be here now and in the life to come if he starts doing what he needs to. It was way cool because, I asked him, when he knows that the Book of Mormon is true, will you get baptized?  He sat there for a few moment's in silence. Olga, the member we had with us started to say something, and he stopped her and said he needed to think so we sat there for a few minutesin silence. I felt like Ammon before the King when he asked the King what he wanted from him then waited an hour as the King sat in silence.

Reality it was just a few moments he said, "Elder when I know, yes". It was so cool, the Spirit was very strong and we've been in contact everyday he's guy.  I know that when he does the thing's that he's suppose to---reading, praying, and going to Church, that he will recieve the answer, just as I know that it will happen to anyone of you who tries. Read and ask and you'll get an answer,  I promise our Heavenly Father will answer you!

We'll it looks like you've all been having a great time, if you haven't sent my Christmas box off yet I would ask if you would add a few more things, like a new Scout Handbook/ Cubscout handbook. We're going to see if we can get some stuff going here with some of the youth to help them do other things than "coming to church". So we'll see, plus I just want a Scout Handbook, it was always such a big part of my life and I miss it!

Tanner Way to go on your Eagle Board! Let me know when your Court of Honor is! We'll I'd better get going, there's alot to do today and time's not slowing down! I love you all! Thank's for the support, I couldn't do this without you that's for sure! Keep me and especially the people in Russia in your prayers, they need lots of love. I love you all!

liveSTRONG
Elder Eborn!

Grandpa - Wow, that must have been very sudden and unexpected for Uncle Stephen and Aunt Candice. But you're right, The Plan of Happiness is a wonderful thing. This is not the end, that's for sure. Let them know that I love them, and that they'll be in my prayers.

Mom & Dad - So I found a Solomon Store here and I had to buy some pants that were on sale... they're just  way to cool ha so yeah I took some money off for that, im also planing on buying my winter boots probably next week.  Columbia has some really good sales right now and the boots are like way sick it'll be like 5-7000 rubles so just so ya know. I will  look for your letter next week before I go shopping. But yea, also I am getting ready to send you guy's you're box of "I have been gone a year / do need this stuff" box so yeah ha it probably won't get there for a few months but just be aware :)
I love you guys! Thank you for being the best Parents and Friends I could ask for!

Amber - Hey missy :) Thanks for the letters, goodness I miss you. I hope you're having a great day and that your week is just wonderful!! ha tell Rachel thank's for her letter also :) I got it late last week lol. You're
family is awesome tell them all hi from me. Anyways, have a great week!
see ya Am

2 comments:

Bart said...

Thanks, Rene, or keeping us up to date. Love your missionary and all of the rest as well.

Grandpa Bart

Bart said...

I always look forward to JT's email
He is always so positive. We will
pray for that young man so he will
know the Book Of Mormon is true and
will want to be baptized. Sure love
Elder Eborn.

Love Grandma Iris

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones