President Trejo and Elder Eborn
The conference was awesome, I think it was just what I needed so that will be ready for the next year of my mission. We talked a lot about finding people, testifying, as well as planning more effectively. It was just plain awesome I can't get much better than that, I am ready to do better this year than I did last year, and leave it "all on the mat" as we would say in my wrestling days.
So I am old now, I can say that. I mean like 2 years ago I graduated from highschool! Now it's Tanner's turn ;) But yeah, it's been a really good couple days.
I had a great interview with President Trejo the day before, which scared me a little bit, he told me that my day's of being a "greenie missionary" were over and that the Lord will be expecting a lot more out of me. I know that I have been blessed with much; A wonderful family who loves me, Friends who support me, and a Father in Heaven who is behind me 100% to hold me up when I need it. Because of this...ALOT is expected. I hope I can measure up. I also got to share my testimony in front of the zone, and I got up there and my mind went blank, and I just started to smile ha, so I told them about my phone call and about what dad told me about smiling...I realize, I as a missionary, have no reason to not be smiling! I have the good news, and I get to bring it to people! I love being a missionary.
We are having a baptism today, which is the best news! Yesterday, after we finished our Zone Conference, we had a meeting with our investigator, about 30 years old and really was searching for truth. When we first got in this companionship Elder Stuart had said that he likes to know all of the informantion before he'll make a decision. He was thinking it probably wouldn't be good to set a baptismal date yet, but during first meeting we both felt that it was right, and so we asked him to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be Baptized.
He accepted, and for the last month we've been working with him getting him ready. Last night he had his baptismal interview, and came out after it just smiling :) He came up to me and said, "Elder Eborn, I don't know everything, But I am ready for tommorrow." I know that I played a very small part in his conversion, that he felt the spirit, and recognized it as from his Heavenly Father, but that was probably the best thing that could have happened on my birthday for me to see someone I've worked with, prayed for, loved, and taught come unto the fold of our Heavenly Father. The Baptism's not until tonight at 6:30 so I will send you pictures later on that and tell you all about it of course!
What else to tell ya that I didn't yesterday? Hmmm if you couldn't tell by my voice I am a little under the weather, I have a cold but, I will be alright, I am planning on working it out of my system. I hope you all have a very happy New Year :) We will be inside our apartment before dark due to the fact that New Years in Russia is the biggest holiday of the year, and it's not safe to be out on the streets. So New Years day we'll be at the Maughns all day watching movies and playing games, who knows maybe I will write some letters or something.
So I love you guys! Thanks for everything you do for me, I couldnt' be doing this with out you all :)
жив сильно
Ст Иборн!
Mom & Dad- Thanks for the call! I miss you guys like crazy. I'll be home in less then a year, and I promise there's a lot more that I will tell you ;)
Grandma & Grandpa - I just wanted to thank you guys for the emails :) They are really something I do look forward to every week! I love you guys and am extremely grateful for your example.
2 comments:
Yes, JT does have the Good News and we are so happy to have it, as a family, also. It was so good to hear his voice and to feel of his spirit. Serving in Siberia, I,m sure, is a tough assignment, but it's nothing compared to what the Savior did, and JT is up to every challenge and will do so with a glad heart and a smile on his face. We are so glad he and all off you are a part of our family.
Love you all and always,
Grandpa Bart
So glad that you were able to have a long talk over the phone. I am happy that he is doing so good. The countdown is on now. You are on the downhill how.
Post a Comment