Hey family!
Another week has flown by and I’m just in shock at how fast this month has flown by. Sooner than I know I’ll be on an airplane headed home... that's a little scary to think about. I’m having a great time though and I’m learning so much! This transfer really does feel like I’m being trained all over again. But it's a good thing; I’m becoming better at what I need to do. We moved one of our missionary companionships into a new apartment this week, which is a huge endeavor; there were many hoops to jump through. The Church leaders want us to make sure everything is done and in the best way so it's all good. It's interesting, now I don't only worry about me and my companion but I’m worrying about a whole city of missionaries. I just want them to be able to do everything they can and be the best they can be. I find myself trying to do whatever I can do to help them succeed.
Yesterday, we received a call from the office about the bombing in Moscow. Don’t worry Mom, I don’t go through Moscow for another month and we don’t use that airport.Elder Trunov has a sister serving there in Moscow on a mission and so we were pretty worried about those things. But all is well, No missionaries were injured and so it's all good.
The whole morning yesterday though there was a weird feeling, like something was wrong but we didn't know what it was. Then we looked out the window and realized that the building across the road from us was on fire! But even after the fire department put out the fire the feeling was still there and we couldn't figure it out. We had no idea what we needed to do. But we felt like we needed to do something. So we stopped all of our stuff (paperwork for the apartment, registration for missionaries, passports beings taken care of to and from Novo etc.) and went outside and did some contacting. We just went and talked to people. It was interesting. We didn't find anyone who was interested in hearing from us, or anything but i felt like that was where I needed to be. So maybe something will come of it but it was just interesting.
Elder Trunov speaks English well, but wants to get better. So he asked me to help him. He wanted to read a book that was how real Americans speak and not scriptures. So I gave him my scout hand book! He was reading through and asked what scouting was all about so I got to explain to him. And share with him the scout oath, law, and motto. He was all impressed and was repeating it all day. It's interesting to me that in the scout oath, the first point is to do your duty to God. I’m so grateful for scouts and for the impact it's had on my life. I definitely wouldn't be here without it.
We also have a new investigator, his name is Sergey, and he’s about 49 and is really searching for truth. I tracted into him a few weeks ago and was able to meet with him this last week. He explained how he read the bible and believed it then; he said he hadn't found the Holy Ghost in any of the churches he had investigated. I couldn't help but smile. We haven’t told him yet but we have the power to help him receive it! That will be a fun meeting :)
I’ll probably be in Novo next week on Zone Leaders Council so hopefully I’ll get to write home sometime. I love you guy's thanks for everything you do! I couldn't do this without you!
liveSTRONG
Elder Eborn!
Mom & Dad - way to go on the race! I checked out the pictures and was way jealous! I can't wait to go run with you when I get home :)
1 comment:
ok, so I guess I'm a big boob but I almost cried when I read about him using his Scout handbook over there. I'm a proud Dad that's for sure.
Post a Comment