Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Africa Has Come to Me


So I got to and from Finland just fine. My body must just be so use to jet lag that the lack of sleep doesn't even phase me anymore! I then, totally spaced mentioning that we in addition, had Zone Leaders council this week, and so I am actually writing you in the office here in Novo! I take a train home tonight late.

Finland was awesome! We flew into Moscow and got to meet the mission president of another mission here in Russia, he was way cool. We also found out that we will be getting a new mission president in July. Our mission is one of the only mission's in the world where the mission president only serves 2 years instead of 3 years.

We will be getting President Stephen Petersen from Ogden, Utah as our new mission president in July. So for the last 6 months of my mission I'll have a new Mission President. Interesting eh? Anyway, we got to Moscow and waited for our group then we went to TGI Fridays (heaven ahhh) and got a burger with a large strawberry shake, we'll worth the 30 bucks I had to spend on it! We then flew to Finland--Helsinki! We got to the temple house. The temple was closed for cleaning (which was a bummer) but we had the opportunity to do some service and clean up around the temple house. In Russia due to all the laws, and regulations and such we aren't allowed to do much public service. So when we got the chance to clean floors and wipe widow wells we were more than happy! It was way fun.

The next day we got to go into the city and go look around. Down town Helsinki is very cool, we definitely need to take a trip Finland. I found REAL A&W Root beer ahhh it was so good! Fresh from the can, man I couldn't be happier, until we found McDonald's! I had the first dollar cheeseburger, and McFlurry I've had in over a year and man, it was so good! Sorry that's about it for the trunky side of this email.



We made it back to Omck fine and dandy then we got all ready for the week, started working hard and then realized that we traveled to Novo.
ZLC was way good. We talked about the progress in our cities and how things are going, and all sorts of things. I was very disappointed in myself that we didn't get our goal of 3 baptisms, but I was glad to report, upcoming, that we do have 4 baptismal dates. One of which Elder Trunov and I sent on Tuesday night, she's a 7 year old girl she will be turning 8 soon and she wants to get baptized her parents aren't members and there for we get to teach her and help her get ready for baptism.

That means in my companionship we have 3 baptismal dates for the month of March, keep us in your prayers. I just put in an order for 30 Book of Mormons in Swahili (I think that's how it spelled?) for our African friends. They are doing so awesome! They keep inviting more and more friends to hear about the gospel. It's great they love reading and coming to church, I translate everything for them, but they are still doing awesome ..in spite of that LOL.  Remember, when we were waiting for my call, I thought I may go to serve in Africa, and I guess Africa came to me! Keep us all in your prayers. We've still lots of people to reach.

We'll I'd better get going, we've got a lot of to do and we're still in Novo and so yeah, I got to get back to “feeding the sheep” as our Savior said to Peter. I love my Savior, and I need to give all that I can to him, especially after all he's done for me. I love you! Have a great week…I will send pictures from Omck when I have my camera (stuff) and all with me!

liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn



Mom - Hey mommy :) First of all, I want thank you for everything you've done for me I know, I wouldn't be where I am today without you as my mother. You're the best! Way to help the young women understand more and more about what it means to "believe". Thanks for sharing….there's a great example of how parents help their children...read Mosiah 27 v 10.

2 comments:

Bart said...

I know I always say what a great
email, but they get better all the
time. Those young men from Uganda
are going to take the gospel back
to Uganda and teach the people
there. The Lord has a plan to take
the gospel everywhere, from Russia
to Africa, he will make it happen.
JT must feel the spirit so strong
watching this happen. He is such a
great young man, we love him so much. I hope his blog is read by a
lot of young men and they are inspired to see what can happen when you are doing the Lords work.
That's great that his new Mission
President is from Ogden and is a
supporter of Boy Scouts.
They will have a lot in common.
Love to all,

Grandma Iris

DeAnn said...

Rene, You will not believe this. As I was reading your son's letter this past week, his comment about his new mission president jumped out at me. Steven Petersen is my cousin. My cousin is going to be your son's (and my son's) new mission president! And I found out about it by reading your blog! He is a wonderful man and will make a wonderful mission president. Aaron leaves for the MTC in April and so after spending 9 weeks in the MTC he will be arriving in Russia about the same time as President Petersen. I just wanted to let you know that little "coincidence." Thank you for sharing your blog so that I can help prepare my son. You can tell your son is an awesome Elder!

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones