First of all, I want say that “I love my Mommy!!” She's the best and I am very grateful for the fact that she is my mother. I have learned so much from her, and I wouldn't be the person I am today without her love and example. Happy Birthday.
This week has been way fast and I am kind of freaking out that it is already March where is my mission going? Elder Trunov goes home next transfer, and I have less time on my mission than I've been on my mission. Well slightly. Mind boggling I am definitely not ready for my mission to be over, and it's a good thing that I've got another 9 months. That's still too short. I am just going to have to work harder.
So we got back from Novo last week and decided to get haircuts. OK, so the thing is here in Russia no matter what you say, the hair stylist will always just do whatever she wants and well I am pretty much bald. It's way convenient though ha and with the weather warming up it's not even that cold so I guess it just means that I don’t have to get a haircut for a long time. It was way funny. Every 2 transfers we get to do a "culture night" where we get to go and do something cultural and last Thursday we went and saw a violin concert. There was this way famous artist guy there who I'd never heard of (but he had a top hat and me and my baldness got a picture in his hat.) It was way fun, but I don't think I am meant for the whole classical scene, I almost fell asleep three times and yeah, it was way pretty and those people are very talented… but I'd of rather seen Van Halen. (I got to eat some of Elder Bonuses’ Reese's Peanut butter Cups which was kind of him, and a highlight!).
We have 3 baptisms scheduled for this month. Of course, things are never easy. My Uganda friends are now confined to their hotel because one of their group members got deported. And we just found out that the sweet little girl’s father doesn't want her to get baptized. But, it's amazing what you can learn from an 8 year old :). Her grandmother was telling us the situation and she piped up, “I have the answer! Heavenly Father will help us, he can help my dad to give me permission.” We all knelt and prayed together for that. Elder Trunov and I will be fasting for them all. Like it says in Ether 12.6 “the proof will not come until after the trial of your faith”. This is definitely a trial. I am sure that Our Heavenly Father will do what he can, after we've done everything we can. You've got to have faith, please keep them in your prayers.
The rest of the week was pretty good. We had district meeting which we are in charge of teaching the missionaries how to be better missionaries which is silly because they are all WAY better than I am. It was way good. We focus so much on goals, on working hard and all of that kind of stuff. So Elder Trunov and I thought we needed to focus on the love. That is the reason for everything we are doing here in Russia. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us, he created a plan for us to become like him because he loves us. He created a place for us to learn and to grow because he loves us. He knew that we would make mistakes and therefore sent our older brother Jesus Christ to help us return to him because he loves us. And I love my Heavenly Father for everything he has done for me. We as missionaries talked about all the people we are serving; Members, Investigators, missionaries etc. and about why we loved them. The things you'd do for the ones you love really helps you realize what this whole thing is all about. No wonder the two greatest commandments are "Love the Lord thy God" and "Love thy fellow man" I love these people here and I Love you all :) thank you for being the best examples you are to me :) and for loving me like you do, I couldn't do it without you all :)
I need to go, P-day is really just a day to get food for the rest of the week and write home day for us.
LiveStrong,
Elder Eborn
Mommy - Sounds like you're having fun with your iPhone! It probably sounds missionary dorky but I am excited to get home and get one so I can put my scriptures on it. That's crazy about the new Elder's that are coming my way, there are a lot of missionaries getting ready to go home so I can see that there will be a lot new coming. Small world that a 2nd cousin of mine will be here for the last six months of my mission ha. They’re in for the ride of their lives! I just wanted to let you know that I love you and that I am so grateful for all you do for me and our family.
Dad- I checked out your running times and it's looking like you're getting faster. Not too shabby for an old guy! You'll be faster than I am when I get back. Sounds like you've got some races lined up this year that will be way fun. I am super jealous you’re going to Havasupai for spring break! What?! You couldn't wait until next year when I get back? Man.. Oh well. Love you pops
Tanner- Ha man you're getting so old. Graduating from high school and doing all sorts of fun stuff. Thanks for writing...It'll be fun to come home and be able to play with you again Broski. Do those vibram shoes come with nike+? That would be so sick. I wear mine around the house and to sports night all the time lol. I’m starting to rip them though... I’ll have to check them out when I get home. Love ya bro!
Megan- Student Body Historian?! I thought you were in like 7th grade or something? What?! When did my sister grow up?! That will be awesome though. I loved doing student government it was way fun especially in highschool. Love ya sis :) Keep being awesome I’m way glad you wrote :)
Maddie - Ha Maddie, you know I love hearing from you right? It always makes me smile way big :) love ya baby sis!
3 comments:
Elder Eborn is also loved by his mom. What a sweet boy, to not only tell me personally he loves me ... but, he is not ashamed or embarassed to tell others.
Does this mom's heart good.
He is great example to us all. I sure pray that those young men from
Uganda will be able to be baptized.
It is too bad that one person can
ruin things for others. Kind of
reminds us of Satan and how he tries to ruin our lives, we need to
be so careful in our choices so he
can't stop us doing the right thing
He sure loves his Mom, lucky you.
We love him also and always pray for him. Thanks for sharing.
Love Grandma Iris
what a grown up he has become.His wisdom far passes his years that's for sure that must be why our Heavenly Father encourages the youth to serve missions??I Love JT so much!cant wait to hug him again..
Post a Comment