Dearest Family....
Sounds like you've had a great family home evening! I do miss having airsoft fights with my brother and family... Um...Elder Hansen and I bought airsoft guns the other week and we have our own little battles. It's pretty fun but it's just not the same as having a big gun and alot of people to shoot.
Things here are going well, pretty much the same as always, missionary work is exactly what it's name intends, work, work and more work! Trust me, it is for sure is work, especially here. When my head hits the pillow every night I am totally zonked. It is a good thing though. The only bad thing is when I wake up in the morning and realize "crap, I have to take yet another freezing cold shower lol".
We talked to one of the members and he told us that when the water gets turned off Russians usually go on vacation. Even Russians don't like cold showers!! Elder Hansen had enough of it this morning and woke up early and boiled water in our little tea pot to get enough water for a bath. It was pretty funny.
Also, after mom told me about her Blini it seems that I have had blini almost every other day. It's just so easy to make and so good! mmm I do love me some Blini! Put some farsh and some melty cheese with some smetana and you've got yourself a delicous blin! :) I will have to make Blini for you when I get back. They are also very good with nutella. I think I'll have one after i get done with this email actually.
We've found a new investigator, he came to English and then showed up to Church and so we invited him to a couple family home evenings on Monday and he just followed us around pretty much all night. It was pretty cool he wants to do like all the activities that we do as a Church so we'll see what happens we gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to find out for him self if it is true. Speaking of which how has all you're reading been going? I hope your books of aren't just sitting in the living room but, have actually been opened.
We get transfer calls this Friday so I find out if I'm going to be here in Tomsk one more transfer or not. I hope I get to stay here a little longer I love Tomsk! It's a great city. Although, I will be moving whether I want to or not next week. The ZL's want our apartment and it kind of is the Zone Leader apartment so we are going to switch them apartments that should be fun. Next week I will be in Novo for a conference with Elder Richard G. Scott which will be very cool! I am very excited for this opportunity to hear from an Apostle. After that, I go and get my visa renewed, which means I am going to Finland! I don't know if I wiill be able to email you next week due to all that but I hope it all works.. and I can tell you all about it.
Yesterday after English, I was talking to a man named Roman and he asked how I could give up 2 years to come here and do this thing called a Mission, he asked does it make you happy? Which made me really reflect on what these last 5 months have been like and how I am feeling. I told him that, having the knowledge that I can be with the ones I love forever gives me all the happiness I need and I want to help other's feel that happiness. It's true, I miss you all so much, but I really do hope that I can just help someone here in Russia have the happiness that can be theirs through the gospel. I love you all! I gotta get back to work!
liveSTRONG,
Elder Eborn
Tanner- Hey big guy! Sounds like you're doing awesome! I miss ya like crazy...you never really notice how much you love your brother untill he's on the other side of the world! I hope youre having fun finishing up school and gearing up for the summer ! Be safe and don't do anything stupid!
3 comments:
great update! I especially like his ending comments to his family each time. He is a great example and good brother.
Mission: A missionary leaves his family so that those he teaches can be with their families for eternity.
Just a nice saying that we were given when Clint left. Kinda sums up what JT was saying:)
JT sounds really good, except for
the cold showers. HE WILL REALLY ENJOY the conference with Elder Scott, He has the kindest voice.
It's so good to hear how he growing. Love him lots.
Love Grandma Iris
Post a Comment