Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Farewell Tomsk...

Hey Family,
I hope things are going well for you, it is so good to hear from you all you have no idea! The highlight of P-days is when I get to hear from my family and friends, so thank you all for your letters and the prayers.

I guess I should start by telling you the news, I recieved a phone call from President Trejo last Saturday, and I am leaving Tomsk, actually I am leaving today in about 6 hours.

Apparently, I have grown out of my greeny missionary stage,  and am being transfered to Omsk, Russia.

I know, just lost a "T" at the begining of my city, silly Russia.  I have mixed feelings about leaving, I am excited to get to meet new people, to see a new city, and all the traveling that goes along it. For instance, I get to ride on the Transiberian Railroad! Oh yeah!! I am super excited about that! But, I will miss Tomsk.  I've grown to quite like it here, the people here are wonderful... I love them.

The Lord has need of me in Omsk right now, so I will take a 5 hour bus ride to Novo, then hop on a train for 8 hours to Omsk. I am holding out for the big one next time....our mission has the world's longest transfer ( comes with being the biggest mission) it is a 48 hour train ride from Omsk to Ulana Day.  How sick would that be? Well see what happens.

This last week has been super hectic, last minute meetings with investigators, members, packing all my stuff. (Being able to live out of a backpack has sure come in handy when it comes to having to live out of 3 suitcases for 2 years! I can pack up everything I own and be ready to go in under an hour.)

Elder Hansen and I have been reflecting on our last 3 months together and all that we have helped accomplish here in Tomsk. I'm a little sad that I will not be here to see my Investigator get Baptized next week, but man he's ready! I have made sure of that before I left.  He's a good guy, he's ready for the gospel and he wants to do what is right. We have a lot of investigators that have just started to open up to us and are making some great progress, But I guess I will have to leave that for Elder Hansen to finish up with.



Elder Eborn, Alexy, and Elder Hansen July 2010

After I receieved my call from President, we had a rough lesson with a contact that just well it was bad, all he wanted to do was argue. At the end of the meeting Iwas not the happiest camper, but we got on the bus and were heading up to the branch for English and a song came on the bus radio, which could not help but make me smile. It brought me back to nights with Danny, being with my family and having mom singing it with the whole family in the car, and just a whole bunch of good times.  Gotta love " I gotta feeling " by the Black Eyed Peas LOL. Tender Mercies of the Lord, that is just another proof that he knows us, and he does want us to be happy.  He even knows when a missionary in Siberia is having a rough day and needs a little pick me up.

Sounds like the family reunion was fun. I miss playing at the lake. Unfortunately, everyone here has told us that summer is now over and the weather is only going to get colder from here---thats Siberia. Some of the leaves on the trees have even started to change colors. It kind of stinks but oh well, what was I expecting when I got called to Siberia? Palm trees?

Well family I have to go, I've got a bus to catch! I'll see you again next week! Only in OMSK!
God Lives and loves us, I am so glad I have the opportunity to help people understand that a little better. I love you all.

Thanks for the support and the love.
I couldn't do it without you.

liveSTRONG




Dad - I've been thinking alot about the whole evolution thing too, and as I've been studying the scriptures, it all just makes sense that things would be the way that they are. It's funny to try and explain to people about the whole concept of it all in Russian. I'm still not where I want to be but I'm getting there with the language. I love ya dad.

Mom - I've actually gained weight out here and no worries!

4 comments:

Bart said...

It's sure good to hear from our JT/Elder Eborn. Those transfers come and are to be expected. I remember the mixed emotions with every transfer I got back in the olden days in Germany. It sounds like there are still a few listening ears in the world and in Russia. The Lord directs His affairs. Ours is the great opportunity to be a part of it.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart

Bart said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
terri said...

I miss our JT,Those people in Russia are so blessed to know him,what a amazing young man,

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

I usually highlight something that stands out to me in his letters, you notice I make them larger. This time, I was impressed with his example.

How many of us take the attitude, "The Lord Has Need of Me". I know, that for me personally need to have that attitude more often when it comes to the little things of obedience and service that is asked of us.

Rene

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones