Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Happiness and Joy the Gospel Brings

 Another week and another email. but don't worry, in a few weeks we'll be able to talk! Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to hear from you all :) I actually needed to talk to you about it though... you see I have 2 other companions who's families will be calling as well on Christmas, and it might be better if you guys call me on my birthday instead, just so that we don't all interrupt each other and stuff, lol Christmas and Mother's Days calls are "holy" and we don't wanna screw things up. So if you guys really want to call me on Christmas that'll be cool, let me know what you wanna do and I will give you a time to call next week alright? :) Cool now that thats out of the way.

So this week was good :)  I did buy me some boots they were a lot cheaper than I was planning so that was pretty sweet. They're actually american boots ha hi-tec like all the hiking boots we usually get but they're winter and super warm :) so thank you! The comps are doing good, we're just working. It does they require a lot of patience and holding of our tongues but we're getting better. I may have ulcers after this, but we'll be alright. It's been pretty cold this last week, but nothing to bad, frozen Siberian lands and all. But yeah..... things are doing good. Today we're going to go sledding at a park on the otherside of the city so that should be fun. we'll try not to break anything. lol (no tail bones Mom ;).

Don't worry mom, I really don't need anything, but I will make sure I pick something up I'd like for my holiday present. Sounds like you are all getting ready to have an awesome Christmas, I  know that I will miss you like crazy but no worries, I will just be chilling here in my big furry hat sipping hot cocoa and having myself a Merry Christmas.

We found a little tree while we were grocery shopping and bought it!  I am the only of us 3 who hasn't opened our Christmas presents yet, so I've got all my presents under a little Christmas tree it's in our living room right by my bed.

Our investigators are doing great, we'll be having a baptism on the 29th, Roman one of our investigators has committed to getting baptized and that's going go through, I am very excited for him. Also we'll be having another baptism the beginning of January, probably the 1st or 2nd. his name is Sergey his wife is a member and they have a small son, they have a goal to go to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity and the first step to making that goal a relization will be fulfilled here soon. This time of year is always special, even here in the middle of Siberia, where the weather isn't the only thing that is frozen but even here, the Lord will cause his works to be fulfilled. Little miracles, are happening everywhere, and we're helping people "shake up the happiness" (you probably have all heard that song already but being a missionary and in the middle of Siberia it takes a some time those types of things, I mean I have to wait until I hear a song while riding buses to know what they are!) but I can see the happiness and the joy that the gospel is bringing to people and it is an amazing thing to be a part of it! I love being a missionary!

Well I guess that's probably it for this week. Sorry I know it's not much, we've gotta get going though, a lot to do in not a lot of time to do it. Seems like the day's are geting shorte and shorter here maybe just because the sun doesn't stay up very long any more but oh well. I love you guys! :)


жив сильно!
Ст. Иборн

Mom & Dad - Thanks for everything you guys are the best! :) I love you guys thanks for being the best parents in the world. :) see ya next week

Tanner - 7 Seconds?! Holy fast swimmer batman! you rock broski!

Dale & Barbara - Thank you guys for Everything :) It's great to have such wonderful people in my life like you. I love you! have a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Bart said...

Rene, you are a dedicated mother. We appreciate your posts to keep us informed about our missionary grandson. He is always in our thoughts and prayers. Were you just getting up or just going to bed at 2:21 AM.

Love you all and always,

Grandpa Bart

Rene Weston-Eborn said...

Thank you Bart, I do love my children. I couldn't sleep so I didn't go to bed until after 3:30 a.m.

I probably will be dragging later today in my meetings!

Alison Daugs said...

I agree. I am glad that we are able to get the updates. He sounds good!

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones