Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yep! It Is Cold in Siberia!

Elder Drasso, Elder Stuart, and Elder Eborn Contacting in the Siberian Weather

We'll it's officially winter here, yesterday we had -25 degree weather and well it was just plain cold. I thought thermals would help and well honestly nothing helped. Elder Stuart and Drasso were talking about how their boots weren't really doing anything to help their feet from getting cold and they asked how mine were doing, looking down at my dress shoes I realized, 'huh, I haven't been able to feel them for a while...'  it was great adventures in Siberia!


Omsk Missionaries 2010

I was at the Maughns yesterday and they invited me to come say hello to their son who lives in Provo (they were talking via Skype) and he laughed and told Artiom, (when they found out he grew up on a cattle ranch) they sent him to serve in the nethermost regions of Mexico. We then saw some pictures it was like paradise with beaches and jungle and yeah, so I then asked him what do you have to do to get sent to Siberia? He just laughed. it's probably a good thing we can't use skype to talk to each other while I am here I would be way super trunky..


Speaking of which, I got my giant box from America last week.. I've been wearing the toe shoes everywhere around our apartment, they're interesting (Ha Tanner). It'll probably be better to wear them in the summer.. I haven't opened any of the presents... except the cd's... I was hoping one of them would be Transiberian Orchestra, I  love the motab and we've been snacking on beef jerky all week, you wouldn't even begin to imagine how good that tastes!  Thanks so much family.

Thanksgiving was great, I have included some pictures, we even had pumpkin pie! Ah gotta love Elder Nelson, he spent over 1000 rubles on the last pumpkin in Omsk so we could have pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.  We couldn't find a turkey so we had chicken with all sorts of yummy fixins. It was way good, we watched Chronicles of Narnia, and then the most trunky missionary approved movie there has to have ever been ... UP... man I tell you what I was just like in "totally I  wanna go home mood.  We all left around 4 and just got back to work! We met with people and did some contacting. So yeah, that was my Thanksgiving.



We've been having some success, Artiom is doing great, he's come to church twice now and says he feels something while he's there. I am praying to be able to set a baptismal date with him this week before I leave, we'll see what happens.

I think the Lords trying to teach me patience or something but it's been a tough week. That doesn't suprise me that Sister Knudsen knows Elder Stuart.. And don't worry mom, yeah there is a lot of stuff that goes down here that I don't tell you guys, but just think :) it'll make for all the cooler stories when I get home!

I am leaving tomorrow for Finland for my third visa trip, which is super crazy to think I've been out this long but yeah, I got an email from Elder Winter today he was all excited about being out 10 months and I realized wow that was like a month ago for me. I am planning on going into Helsinki to send you guys a package of stuff. and then hitting up the Temple for as many sessions as I can! I am super excited. I defintely need a spiritual recharge before I start the next half of my mission.

So yeah! I love you guys! have a great week, and happy December! :)

liveSTRONG,
Ст Иборн!



Mom & Dad - So I need some boots... I found out this morning that my church shoes have not become aclimmatized to this weather, and that the stiching ripps when you're in subzero temperatures lol.Thanks for evertyhing :) You are the best parents I could have asked for...thanks for always being great examples to me and helping be the person I am :)

Pictures... one is us contacting in the cold... another of our zone in front of the Liahona... the third is my planner that a member in Tomsk made me for this transfer lol.

Tanner - Dude! Are you sure you aint got fins? ha love ya bro, keep being you!

Maddie - Hey B! thanks for the email :) You're way to funny. I love ya sis, give my puppy some loves k?

Grandma and Grandpa - Thanks for the continual emails :) I always love hearing from you guys, I will read those quotes from that guy on the plan ride to Finland I love you both so much! Thanks for everything!


No comments:

How Many Check-in on JT

Listen to Mission Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones